New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Amount of Memory etc needed for CS3 CreativeSuite?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

slopS

slopS is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Slight Mac novice here! Was wondering how much power on your Mac/Spec of the Mac is needed to run Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (the one with Photoshop/In Design etc etc) on a Mac?

Many thanks

S
QUOTE Thanks
Nevermore

Nevermore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory

I have an iMac (and now I have exhausted myknowledge of my machine). It came with 2mgs of ram and I have added 2 because I found PSCS3 not quite quick enough. I think it might be a matter of personal preference. I have no patience. I can tell you that I bought non-Apple Ram at a fraction of the cost Apple sells it for and that I was able to install it myself in under 5 minutes even though I can't tell you anything else. I run iTunes, PSCS3, Multimedia Express and a few other programs simultaneously every time I sit down and I have not found it to be a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

The eMacs at my school run CS3 with 1GB of RAM. <_<" Super laggy if you are running filters or doing crazy stuff in Illustrator and Photoshop. I would recommend 2GB at the minimum.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

1GB can be very laggy at times for me. I STILL need to upgrade. If i can get 4GB, I will finally be able to work on GarageBand and PH at the same time!! I also noticed that ScreenFlow is another memory hog.

as Crimson said, 2GB minimum.

QUOTE Thanks
slopS

slopS is on a distinguished road

Thanks very much - is there anything else I need to make sure it has a certain amount of or is it the GB's that are important?

Thank you so much!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopS View Post
Thanks very much - is there anything else I need to make sure it has a certain amount of or is it the GB's that are important?

Thank you so much!
Not sure what kind of computer you have so you need to do some research on how much RAM your computer can use.

Go to Crucial and download their Scanner, it will tell you what you need.
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

imnothardcore is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

GB's and MHZ speed are important. wanna go with the most of each your computer will handle.

1GB with CS3 was not so fun, at one point it told me I had too many layers to add another and my memory was used up...lol
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photoshop help needed? | Funny photo trick site? »