New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

how many programs can I run on a G4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marina442

marina442 is on a distinguished road

I am considering purchasing a used G4 ibook because I am on a budget and can't afford a macbook right now, but I need something to edit my work with. The used mac I am looking at has these specs:
G4, 1.2ghz 768 mg RAM 150 Gb hard drive and OS X v. 10.4.11
my question is this can I run CS2, soundtrackpro and soundslides plus on this machine or will it be it just slow the darn thing down untill it's not useable, I can get a good deal on this used one so any suggestions on how to beef up the RAM would be appreciated as well
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Maximum RAM will help what you want to do. The maximum memory capacity of the system is 1.25 GB - with 256 MB onboard and a 1.0 GB SO-DIMM.
http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...stall-ram.html
Don't expect lightning speed from a 1.25 processor with those heavyweight applications running simultaneously. And don't try to go beyond Tiger.
QUOTE Thanks
pcpage

pcpage is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1ghz, 40gb HD, 768mb mem, Tiger

I use Photoshop CS2 on my machine and it works without a hickup. I do photo restoration work with ease on 300dpi images.

My pc laptop which was also 1ghz did process raw photos a lot faster than the PowerBook I use today.

Visit my photography at http://jasonpage.zenfolio.com

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommendations for Photo Software | quick photo question »