newbie needs a little help
    i am starting to create a web site using site build it. My problem is that when i import pictures from my camera the files are JPEG, but sbi only accepts jpeg. Is there a way to change this without taking the time to change each file individualy? Thanks in advance.
    JB

Specs:
    Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
    JPEG is jpeg, both the same... try them and see.

i already tried thats why i submitted this posting. sbi does NOT accept JPEG as a valid file however jpeg is fine.

Please bare in mind that your question is a bit odd...

jpeg, JPEG, they are the same... They both stand for joint photographic experts group...

I suggest that you open your images in a different image editing software, and then re-saving as the "jpeg" that you need...

View my photography blog Here!

Specs:
    MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
    if the site you're using accepts jpeg(lower case), and your camera pictures are extension JPEG(uppercase), just rename the upper case JPEG to lowercase jpeg. I've run into case sensitive url's with my website. Hope that works.

Specs:
    15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
    Its not that odd a question..
    Im currently working on a website for my company, using an ecommerce backend, as far as the backend is concerened .jpeg and .JPEG are different files.

So all he really wants to know is, can he do a batch edit where it renames them all IMG001.jpeg and so on..

I know Fireworks has a bath process feature, not sure renaming is one of the options though. If it does seem like a viable option and you want to know more, just message back in this thread and I will go check

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwy View Post
    Its not that odd a question..
    Im currently working on a website for my company, using an ecommerce backend, as far as the backend is concerened .jpeg and .JPEG are different files.

So all he really wants to know is, can he do a batch edit where it renames them all IMG001.jpeg and so on..

I know Fireworks has a bath process feature, not sure renaming is one of the options though. If it does seem like a viable option and you want to know more, just message back in this thread and I will go check
    please do check changing each file individualy is getting to be a real pain.
    thank you
    jared

Quote Originally Posted by Noels View Post
    JPEG is jpeg, both the same... try them and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by AConfire View Post
    Please bare in mind that your question is a bit odd...

jpeg, JPEG, they are the same... They both stand for joint photographic experts group...

I suggest that you open your images in a different image editing software, and then re-saving as the "jpeg" that you need...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfoursoup View Post
    if the site you're using accepts jpeg(lower case), and your camera pictures are extension JPEG(uppercase), just rename the upper case JPEG to lowercase jpeg. I've run into case sensitive url's with my website. Hope that works.
    OK well if you would please re read the question I know that jpeg AND JPEG are the same thing but sbi is CASE SENSITIVE the reason I know this is because I ALREADY TRIED. What i am asking for is a way to rename a large group of files from JPEG to jpeg. I am ALREADY RENAMING THE FILES ONE AT A TIME and it is taking up alot of time due to the amount of jpegs.
    Thanks again
    jared

Specs:
    MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
    Quote Originally Posted by walkabout View Post
    OK well if you would please re read the question I know that jpeg AND JPEG are the same thing but sbi is CASE SENSITIVE the reason I know this is because I ALREADY TRIED. What i am asking for is a way to rename a large group of files from JPEG to jpeg. I am ALREADY RENAMING THE FILES ONE AT A TIME and it is taking up alot of time due to the amount of jpegs.
    Thanks again
    jared
    I DIDNT read your POST. You MAKE a good POINT. Use AUTOMATOR

Thread Information