New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

newbie needs a little help


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
walkabout

 
Member Since: Aug 08, 2008
Posts: 4
walkabout is on a distinguished road

walkabout is offline
i am starting to create a web site using site build it. My problem is that when i import pictures from my camera the files are JPEG, but sbi only accepts jpeg. Is there a way to change this without taking the time to change each file individualy? Thanks in advance.
JB
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

 
Noels's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 945
Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

Noels is offline
JPEG is jpeg, both the same... try them and see.
QUOTE Thanks
walkabout

 
Member Since: Aug 08, 2008
Posts: 4
walkabout is on a distinguished road

walkabout is offline
i already tried thats why i submitted this posting. sbi does NOT accept JPEG as a valid file however jpeg is fine.
QUOTE Thanks
AConfire

 
AConfire's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 18, 2008
Location: California
Posts: 146
AConfire will become famous soon enough

AConfire is offline
Please bare in mind that your question is a bit odd...

jpeg, JPEG, they are the same... They both stand for joint photographic experts group...

I suggest that you open your images in a different image editing software, and then re-saving as the "jpeg" that you need...



View my photography blog Here!
QUOTE Thanks
gfoursoup

 
gfoursoup's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 24, 2008
Posts: 29
gfoursoup is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x

gfoursoup is offline
if the site you're using accepts jpeg(lower case), and your camera pictures are extension JPEG(uppercase), just rename the upper case JPEG to lowercase jpeg. I've run into case sensitive url's with my website. Hope that works.
QUOTE Thanks
Lewwy

 
Lewwy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 21, 2007
Posts: 198
Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

Lewwy is offline
Its not that odd a question..
Im currently working on a website for my company, using an ecommerce backend, as far as the backend is concerened .jpeg and .JPEG are different files.

So all he really wants to know is, can he do a batch edit where it renames them all IMG001.jpeg and so on..

I know Fireworks has a bath process feature, not sure renaming is one of the options though. If it does seem like a viable option and you want to know more, just message back in this thread and I will go check
QUOTE Thanks
walkabout

 
Member Since: Aug 08, 2008
Posts: 4
walkabout is on a distinguished road

walkabout is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewwy View Post
Its not that odd a question..
Im currently working on a website for my company, using an ecommerce backend, as far as the backend is concerened .jpeg and .JPEG are different files.

So all he really wants to know is, can he do a batch edit where it renames them all IMG001.jpeg and so on..

I know Fireworks has a bath process feature, not sure renaming is one of the options though. If it does seem like a viable option and you want to know more, just message back in this thread and I will go check
please do check changing each file individualy is getting to be a real pain.
thank you
jared
QUOTE Thanks
walkabout

 
Member Since: Aug 08, 2008
Posts: 4
walkabout is on a distinguished road

walkabout is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noels View Post
JPEG is jpeg, both the same... try them and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AConfire View Post
Please bare in mind that your question is a bit odd...

jpeg, JPEG, they are the same... They both stand for joint photographic experts group...

I suggest that you open your images in a different image editing software, and then re-saving as the "jpeg" that you need...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfoursoup View Post
if the site you're using accepts jpeg(lower case), and your camera pictures are extension JPEG(uppercase), just rename the upper case JPEG to lowercase jpeg. I've run into case sensitive url's with my website. Hope that works.
OK well if you would please re read the question I know that jpeg AND JPEG are the same thing but sbi is CASE SENSITIVE the reason I know this is because I ALREADY TRIED. What i am asking for is a way to rename a large group of files from JPEG to jpeg. I am ALREADY RENAMING THE FILES ONE AT A TIME and it is taking up alot of time due to the amount of jpegs.
Thanks again
jared
QUOTE Thanks
gfoursoup

 
gfoursoup's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 24, 2008
Posts: 29
gfoursoup is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x

gfoursoup is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkabout View Post
OK well if you would please re read the question I know that jpeg AND JPEG are the same thing but sbi is CASE SENSITIVE the reason I know this is because I ALREADY TRIED. What i am asking for is a way to rename a large group of files from JPEG to jpeg. I am ALREADY RENAMING THE FILES ONE AT A TIME and it is taking up alot of time due to the amount of jpegs.
Thanks again
jared
I DIDNT read your POST. You MAKE a good POINT. Use AUTOMATOR
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Custom mask in keynote | Abstract question »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Newbie!! Kolusion Switcher Hangout 2 02-05-2008 03:49 PM
Newbie questions, please can you help me decide adrian29uk Switcher Hangout 3 11-16-2004 12:04 PM
OSX - Printer problemMac Newbie Hawklord OS X - Operating System 1 11-05-2004 11:40 AM
Newbie with a 17" iMac Fahrvergnugen OS X - Operating System 3 01-07-2004 02:03 AM
Newbie Questions Jon Switcher Hangout 3 07-14-2003 08:38 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?