New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

newbie needs a little help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

walkabout

walkabout is on a distinguished road

i am starting to create a web site using site build it. My problem is that when i import pictures from my camera the files are JPEG, but sbi only accepts jpeg. Is there a way to change this without taking the time to change each file individualy? Thanks in advance.
JB
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

JPEG is jpeg, both the same... try them and see.
QUOTE Thanks
walkabout

i already tried thats why i submitted this posting. sbi does NOT accept JPEG as a valid file however jpeg is fine.
QUOTE Thanks
AConfire

AConfire will become famous soon enough

Please bare in mind that your question is a bit odd...

jpeg, JPEG, they are the same... They both stand for joint photographic experts group...

I suggest that you open your images in a different image editing software, and then re-saving as the "jpeg" that you need...

View my photography blog Here!
QUOTE Thanks
gfoursoup

gfoursoup is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x

if the site you're using accepts jpeg(lower case), and your camera pictures are extension JPEG(uppercase), just rename the upper case JPEG to lowercase jpeg. I've run into case sensitive url's with my website. Hope that works.
QUOTE Thanks
Lewwy

Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

Its not that odd a question..
Im currently working on a website for my company, using an ecommerce backend, as far as the backend is concerened .jpeg and .JPEG are different files.

So all he really wants to know is, can he do a batch edit where it renames them all IMG001.jpeg and so on..

I know Fireworks has a bath process feature, not sure renaming is one of the options though. If it does seem like a viable option and you want to know more, just message back in this thread and I will go check
QUOTE Thanks
walkabout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewwy View Post
Its not that odd a question..
Im currently working on a website for my company, using an ecommerce backend, as far as the backend is concerened .jpeg and .JPEG are different files.

So all he really wants to know is, can he do a batch edit where it renames them all IMG001.jpeg and so on..

I know Fireworks has a bath process feature, not sure renaming is one of the options though. If it does seem like a viable option and you want to know more, just message back in this thread and I will go check
please do check changing each file individualy is getting to be a real pain.
thank you
jared
QUOTE Thanks
walkabout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noels View Post
JPEG is jpeg, both the same... try them and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AConfire View Post
Please bare in mind that your question is a bit odd...

jpeg, JPEG, they are the same... They both stand for joint photographic experts group...

I suggest that you open your images in a different image editing software, and then re-saving as the "jpeg" that you need...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfoursoup View Post
if the site you're using accepts jpeg(lower case), and your camera pictures are extension JPEG(uppercase), just rename the upper case JPEG to lowercase jpeg. I've run into case sensitive url's with my website. Hope that works.
OK well if you would please re read the question I know that jpeg AND JPEG are the same thing but sbi is CASE SENSITIVE the reason I know this is because I ALREADY TRIED. What i am asking for is a way to rename a large group of files from JPEG to jpeg. I am ALREADY RENAMING THE FILES ONE AT A TIME and it is taking up alot of time due to the amount of jpegs.
Thanks again
jared
QUOTE Thanks
gfoursoup

gfoursoup is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkabout View Post
OK well if you would please re read the question I know that jpeg AND JPEG are the same thing but sbi is CASE SENSITIVE the reason I know this is because I ALREADY TRIED. What i am asking for is a way to rename a large group of files from JPEG to jpeg. I am ALREADY RENAMING THE FILES ONE AT A TIME and it is taking up alot of time due to the amount of jpegs.
Thanks again
jared
I DIDNT read your POST. You MAKE a good POINT. Use AUTOMATOR
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Custom mask in keynote | Abstract question »