New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Calibrating of Mac screens

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scottyk617

scottyk617 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs

Has anyone used a screen calibration device to good effect on either an iMac 24 (glossy) or a normal macbook?
will be used for photo editing
QUOTE Thanks
Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, MBP

Yep, I did it manually on a MBP to get rid of the yellow tint. The difference is night and day...you don't notice the yellow tint until you correct it.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I have used a Syder on various macs, it does a good job
QUOTE Thanks
daveinpoway

daveinpoway is on a distinguished road

I personally prefer the X-Rite Eye-One Display 2. Before buying this, I tried the Spyder 3; I had an installation issue, and I found their tech support wasn't all that great. So, I returned that and bought the X-Rite calibrator.

Also, the cord for the X-Rite sensor seems heavier; since the sensor hangs by the cord, a heavier cord will hopoefully last longer.
QUOTE Thanks
blufighter

blufighter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 3.06 24" 500gb hd 4gb ram

how about the bit of glowing i the corners in black screen? any one know about this and if cal. will help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photoshop CS3 keeps crashing | CS2 Slow?? »