New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Adding text over a photo?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spacecadet1812

spacecadet1812 is on a distinguished road

Is this at all possible with my regular Iphoto software? If not, is there a comparable Microsoft paint download online I can use to simply add a text box into a pic? THANKS!
QUOTE Thanks
Shoeboat

Shoeboat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15"

There's a great application called Imagewell which is very easy to use - a good way to resize and convert pics quickly, and yes you can add text, change the font & colour and even put it in boxes, speach and thought bubbles.

The old version was free and I had it for a year and a half, but I made the mistake of accepting the update one day and since then I have to download it every ten days to make use of the free trial.

It's a shame because I'm perfectly willing to buy it, but the world isn't designed for those without a credit card.

You can find it here: http://www.freemacware.com/imagewell
QUOTE Thanks
hugtheslug

hugtheslug is a jewel in the roughhugtheslug is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2013 MacBook Air i5 13" / MacBook C2D 2.13GHz / iMac G5 iSight 1.9GHz / iMac G5 1.6 GHz / Pismo G4

There is also a great free watermarking app called PicMark which should do the job for you - http://www.digitalcalamity.org/lib/php/index.php

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hugh
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 8mm to USB cable | software for basic video editing »