New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Adobe Camera RAW update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lucion

Lucion will become famous soon enough

I am running OS X 10.5.3 on a new iMac. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.

Whenever it runs the auto-update, it downloads the "Adobe Camera RAW 4.1.1 Update" and attempts to install it. Unfortunately it always claims, "The Updater is unable to locate the product to be updated."

I'm not sure what is going on. I installed Photoshop in the default manner and haven't done anything to the setttings.

Has anyone experienced this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
Lucion

Lucion will become famous soon enough

Nevermind. I figured it out by doing the update manually.

Downloaded the file from Adobe and followed the directions for the manual install. Simply one file to replace and it shows up in the "about plugins" section as the newer 4.4.1 version.

I do find it odd that the autoupdater couldn't figure it out since the file was in the proper directory as mentioned in the instructions.

If anybody cares the information and plugin can be found here.
QUOTE Thanks
flyinmac

flyinmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66, 14 GB RAM, 1.7 TB HD Space, and many other systems

Thank you for posting your solution. I have been seeing these updates come up constantly as needing installed, but then saying it was unable to find the product needing updated.

It had been doing it from Adobe Acrobat Reader. So, I was quite confused. But, I guess it's just the Adobe updater kicking in to update any Adobe product anytime I opened a PDF document.

Today, I thought perhaps it was updating the Adobe Photoshop Elements. So, I launched it, and ran the updater from it, and found that it was pulling the same update.

So, I did a quick search, located your post, and found the solution. Your posted idea worked great. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cameras..panasonic vs. canon | Photoshop brushes question »