New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Nikon Coolpix S550 and iMac with OS X 10.5.3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brian99

Brian99 is on a distinguished road

I have a new iMac and I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix S550.

I managed to get it to work but I think the camera box says it works with mac OSX 10.3.9,10.4x. It doesn't mention anything higher.

My iMac uses 10.5.3. I saw a post of someone having trouble with this combination of camera and OS X but so far its working for me.

I think i may have installed it somewhat differently than the setup instructions. I have it working and the pictures I have taken look good on this 10 megapixel camera and go on the computer well. The software does say it needs an upgrade and then wont load the upgrade but the program and pictures are working now.

Is this camera going to cause problems with a new imac 10.5.3 OS X? Is it not meant to go with it?

I should probably just keep it but I don't like the possibility its not meant to go with it. Would this camera be meant for the 10.5.3 osx mac operating system? Should I keep it or get another one?

What other digital cameras would you recommend for a new imac 24 using OSX 10.5.3? I mainly want sharp pictures but like having some video as well.

Thanks,
Brian
QUOTE Thanks
gleyenaar

gleyenaar is on a distinguished road

I think they just mean 10.4+ (which would include 10.5).

Nikon's are great cameras, so I think you'll be happy. I used to work at a camera store back in the day, and my boss had a 2.0 megapixel Nikon that took seriously killer shots.

Best. Software. Ever

24 in. Imac running 10.5.3 - 2.8 GHz w/ 2 GB Ram
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photoshop | Problem with MacBook+Lacie 324 »