New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Adding 2 or more pictures on one page for comparison?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mitch911

mitch911 is on a distinguished road

I'm simply looking to add 2 or more pictures (before and after pictures) on one page to show progression in a time line format.
QUOTE Thanks
AConfire

AConfire will become famous soon enough

What program are you using?

View my photography blog Here!
QUOTE Thanks
mitch911

Quote:
Originally Posted by AConfire View Post
What program are you using?
i don't know what program i can do this in. In PC i would just go to paint and adjust them in there. I don't know how to do it in iphoto or preview tho.
Can you suggest a app or program and then the steps needed?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

If you are trying to compare two (or more) photos then watch this Apple iPhoto tutorial; Reviewing and Comparing Photos. If you want to compare the same photo, then you first have to duplicate it by selecting it and using menu item Photo-->Duplicate.

If you are trying to make a document with pictures side by side then we'd need to know more. I'm sure Pages and Word could handle that. What is you end intent?

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
mitch911

I checked out the tutorial. Thats not exactly what i want. I want to show a progression picture of fat loss. So a picture from week 1 side by side with week 5 etc. So have 2 pictures or more side by side at "x" size and then i want to save this new picture. So then when you open the single picture you would be able to see week1,2,3,4,5 all side by side
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

You could export the pictures to a smaller size that could fit side by side in the TextEdit app. The sizes should still be decent for this purpose.

One of the many image editing applications such as Pixelmator or Acorn could do that.

A simple web page could do that. Try iWeb.

Comic Life came with my Mac, so if you have that, you could try it.

Just jump in and try things out.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pages- curving or rotating text | New Mac Owner- having issue with simple task »