New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

[photo] My dog playing in the water

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

QUOTE Thanks
soul.glo

soul.glo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz

Great action shot. That's a really nice looking pit.

The Goods:
MBP 15" 2.4ghz(Penryn)/2mb ram/200g hd/etc..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulglopics/
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Very nice photo. My only comment would be that a slightly lower speed shot would have produced just a bit of motion blur, which would have accentuated the effect. But still, very nice shot.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
DarkKnight369

DarkKnight369 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen

What camera do you have?
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul.glo View Post
Great action shot. That's a really nice looking pit.
Thanks! He's a great dog. Basically like having a big kid around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac57 View Post
Very nice photo. My only comment would be that a slightly lower speed shot would have produced just a bit of motion blur, which would have accentuated the effect. But still, very nice shot.
Thanks for the critique. I'm heading out to the same area again today, so I'll give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight369 View Post
What camera do you have?
Canon digital Rebel XT. Shot with an L-series 70-200 f/4 lens.
Shot at:
f/6.3
shutter 1/1250
ISO 400
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i'd agree if it would be hard to tell if the subject were moving (like a car on a road), but i think since it is so easy to see the motion of the dog and water, the clarity trumps motion blur. just my humble opinion .

great shot RONE!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
DarkKnight369

DarkKnight369 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONE View Post
Canon digital Rebel XT. Shot with an L-series 70-200 f/4 lens.
Shot at:
f/6.3
shutter 1/1250
ISO 400
Awesome! I just got an XSi and that's a great pic, so I am happy.
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
i'd agree if it would be hard to tell if the subject were moving (like a car on a road), but i think since it is so easy to see the motion of the dog and water, the clarity trumps motion blur. just my humble opinion .

great shot RONE!
Thanks eric.

I shot this one today at 1/800. Still no water blur. I'll have to try 1/500 and 1/400 next time I'm out to see how it looks. I'm happy with how this one came out:

QUOTE Thanks
RONE

And two more that I like from today:

QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Irrespective of the photographic merits of this effort, it is clear that your dog is having a great time! I am sure that he/she would be delighted to have you continue to forever improve this shot!! :-)

So far, my favorite is your first shot. The perspective if perfect for the motion you are trying to capture.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

Quote:
Irrespective of the photographic merits of this effort, it is clear that your dog is having a great time! I am sure that he/she would be delighted to have you continue to forever improve this shot!! :-)

So far, my favorite is your first shot. The perspective if perfect for the motion you are trying to capture.
He loves going out there. I actually take both of my dogs out there and it's like turning a pair of kids loose in a candy store.

You've hit the nail on the head as to why the first image looks the most 'oriented', for lack of a better word. I knew I liked it the best, but until your post I wasn't sure why. Thanks!

EDIT: I can't talk about my other dog without posting a picture of her!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Saving My Digital Videos | card stuck in card reader, able to be read »