New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

FLYERS,LOGOS,POSTERS,BRAND DESIGN,ADS??? (Corel Draw)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amper_x

amper_x is on a distinguished road

Hello every one..

I have a MBP that a Just bought about three months ago..

I used to use Corel Draw to make simple designs like Draws,Flyers,Posters,Brand designs, Logos, Ads. etc.. and most of the times i have to be working in the same designs with Pc users with Corel Draw, therefore...

I was wondering if some one knows about a Macintosh software which is compatible with Corel Draw and also I am very used to Corel draw and i would like to find a Macintosh software alike. In the other hand I just Love the system stability that Macintosh offers (is just amazing!!).. so I do not really want to install windows in my MBP.

Please, help me to find a software that suite me.
Thank you very much, every one.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

According to THIS article from Corel's website, you can import Adobe Illustrator files into Corel Draw.

With that being said, i'm assuming you can import Corel Draw files into Illustrator. That might be your best bet.
QUOTE Thanks
gmonyxmas

gmonyxmas is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Intel

I've imported Illustrator files into CorelDraw quite a bit. It has it's quirks.

I know Corel made a couple versions to run on Mac. I'm sure there's a copy out there somewhere. Love to find one myself.

CorelDraw kicks butt.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonyxmas View Post
I've imported Illustrator files into CorelDraw quite a bit. It has it's quirks.

I know Corel made a couple versions to run on Mac. I'm sure there's a copy out there somewhere. Love to find one myself.

CorelDraw kicks butt.
I believe CorelDraw 10 was the last version they made for Mac. CorelDraw-X3 is supposed to be coming out for OS X in the future though.

I love Illustrator. I honestly have not used CorelDraw
QUOTE Thanks
funkdesign

funkdesign is on a distinguished road

I had been a CorelDraw user for many years, but decided to switch to Mac 6 mos. ago and was faced with a similar problem as you. I had imported Illustrator files into CorelDraw successfully only about 50% of the time. Exchanging files between Illustrator and CorelDraw rarely works perfectly. I decided to purchase Adobe Illustrator so that I wouldn't have to muck up my beautiful new Mac with UGH...Windows! I anticipated a steep learning curve so I kept my PC and CorelDraw (ver. 11) app close by. I quickly abandoned CorelDraw and haven't regretted it a bit. Since you have to work on files with other CorelDraw users I suggest you install Windows on your MBP. It's really the only way to have 100% file compatibility with edibility. I must add though that Illustrator I have found is more stable than CorelDraw (coming from a former big CorelDraw fan).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tranfer photos | Copy right stamping »