New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Aperture is not deleting files off camera

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tak2mark

tak2mark is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" 2.66 Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM 320GB HD

I have been using Aperture, and every time I connect my CF card to the iMac, Aperture dutifully imports the images into Aperture. Then it asks if I would like to delete the originals, and eject the disk. I say 'yes' and then it asks me again. I say yes again, and then the CF is ejected, .... BUT, .... the files are not deleted. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
notphilip

notphilip is on a distinguished road

You have to empty your recycling bin while its plugged it
QUOTE Thanks
tak2mark

I'm not given the option to delete without ejecting.

Also, I set import options to "Do not import duplicates" and when I plug the CF reader again, Aperture will import the same images again making duplicates in the library.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Merged duplicate, cross-posted threads.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

Hey, you should not rely on this option for your CF cards. All the photography forums and books strongly recommend that you reformat your cards in camera, after you have downloaded the images into Aperture/Lightroom/iPhoto. This is to help prevent card and file corruption which is the last thing you need!
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

I always let the camera do the deleting. I believe it does a better job.
QUOTE Thanks
tak2mark

It shouldn't matter which method is preferable. If I'm given the option of deleting the originals, then it should delete the originals. Don't ya think? Also, if I say don't import duplicates, I should expect that it won't import duplicates.

-Mark
QUOTE Thanks
tak2mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak2mark View Post
It shouldn't matter which method is preferable. If I'm given the option of deleting the originals, then it should delete the originals. Don't ya think? Also, if I say don't import duplicates, I should expect that it won't import duplicates.

-Mark
I un-installed, using Cleanapp then reinstalled. All seems well now.
-Mark
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photoshop Elements and iPhoto Library | good deal or not »