New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Color Calibration Systems - Opinions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

I am aware of three major brands of color calibrators for monitors:

Spyder2Pro (...actually, the whole Spyder family)
HueyPro
LaCie Blue Eye Pro

I presently have the Spyder2Pro, but since I have just purchased a LaCie 324 monitor, I was considering getting the LaCie Blue Eye Pro as well. However, it is over $300.00. The others are quite a bit less.

Does anyone have any experience with these three and could offer relative pointers as to which one is better and why? Is the LaCie really worth the extra asking price?

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
sim101

sim101 is on a distinguished road

I have used the lacie and the spyder pro2 under proffesional photographic conditions and to be honest you will struggle to see any difference, the majority of people I know and work with use the spyder (including me).
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I also use the Spyder. I wouldn't get the Huey. That sensor is so small. It also seems like it would also let in a lot of ambient light.

The Spyder3 has a larger sensor than the previous model and it's faster. At $300, I can't justify the LaCie.

Your Spyder2 isn't broken, is it? How does the addage go Mac57?

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CS3 help me! | Nikon D40. yay or nay »