New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

If I get CS3 Ext., Would Lightroom be useful to get also?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I'm graduating very shortly and the time has come to be able to buy some Adobe products for a significant discount. I'm going to get CS3 Extended (which is $195 at the bookstore), but I was wondering if I should get Lightroom also (Which is $109 at the bookstore)

I've been trying to get into photography, but haven't taken enough time to get into, though I plan to. I'll be traveling a lot for my new job, so I think I'll have some interesting photography opportunities. I think Lightroom may be more helpful at first and then I can move into PS and still use LR in some ways. But, I want to get some advice from people who use these programs before spending $109 on LR when I may not have to.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

Lightroom would be a good app to buy if you intend to take a lot of pictures. But be aware there is a new version in beta testing right now, not sure when it is due for release but may be worth waiting for.
QUOTE Thanks
kmkl

kmkl is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD

do they have an aperture discount? if they do, take aperture over lightroom
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Unfortunately, they don't have Aperture, and I can't wait for the next LR since I won't be able to get the student discount any longer. But I think half price makes it a good deal even if they come out with a new version soon. I do plan to take a lot of photos, and the included software with my camera is just annoying and a pain in the rear.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
kmkl

kmkl is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD

allright
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My first Photo Shop Masterpiece. | organizing photos »