New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Aperture 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Macs For Surfin

Macs For Surfin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5 2ghz 1.5gb RAM and MBP Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 2gb RAM

Anyone using this that can share some thoughts on it??? How does it stack up compared to lightroom?? A good program for the price??
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

I have been using Aperture 2 since its launch and think it is a great app. I have no experience of Lightroom and went for Aperture mainly because of its new features, speed of operation and finally price (much cheaper than Lightroom).
QUOTE Thanks
Avenger2SER

Avenger2SER is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.4ghz C2D (early 2008)

I tried the Lightroom beta back when I was using aperture 1. Didn't care for it. Aperture 2 is really nice, there's a trial version on the apple website, check that one out first

MacBook Pro 2.4 C2D,4gb,320gb 7.2k,10.6 (Primary)
iMac G3 600, iBook G3 500, PBook G3 233, Atom WHS
16gb iPhone 4, 32gb iPhone 3Gs, TV1+2, iPad 32gb
QUOTE Thanks
Macs For Surfin

Macs For Surfin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5 2ghz 1.5gb RAM and MBP Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 2gb RAM

Cheers guys hoping to get it soon sick of iphoto !!
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

I love aperture. One thing I would suggest though, is keeping iphoto in your workflow. I tend to use aerture strictly for my raw files. I process them in aperture, and then export them as tiff and jpegs. I store a backup of the original raw file and the processed tiff on a seperate external drive, and then i import the jpeg into iphoto for quicker viewing. It keeps the bloatign down in aperture and stops mixture of raw and processed files. This is mainly becuase at time i just use my p&s cameras and they are strictly jpegs. having all my jpegs in in iphotoreall makes it east to show people everything.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« organizing photos | HELP!! Illustrator CS2 file linking »