New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

.swf files open in Illustrator?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

decrink

decrink is on a distinguished road

I'm going over resumes that were sent on CD's on my fairly new mac. They are digital portfolios and several of them have swf files to click on to start the show. These files have always opened on my pc machines but on my relatively new macpro, no go. They want to open in CS3 Illustrator and then I get a "cannot open file" error message. So much for the "mac just works" slogan. I downloaded a free swf and flv player and I can read them when I open the from that app but it would be nice if they just opened when I clicked on them. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

control-click or right click on them and select 'open with', select 'other'. Check 'Always Open With'. Find the app you want them to open, click on it and click on 'Open'

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Postscript Printer for Graphic Design | Photo App For Mac »