New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Installation of Illustrator 10 is crashing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

titina

titina is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: black macbook OSX v10.5.8, 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM

Pretty simply I'm trying to install illustrator v 10 on my macbook (spec in my profile) aaaand, it's crashing. Every time.
it goes through looking for the previous version ('tis an upgrade), promts me to do it manually (as no v9 installed) or input serial, which i do, it then asks for v10 serial, i input that, and then.... pouf! it crashes.

any ideas?

iScream
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by titina View Post
Pretty simply I'm trying to install illustrator v 10 on my macbook (spec in my profile) aaaand, it's crashing. Every time.
it goes through looking for the previous version ('tis an upgrade), promts me to do it manually (as no v9 installed) or input serial, which i do, it then asks for v10 serial, i input that, and then.... pouf! it crashes.

any ideas?
That is a rather dated version of Illustrator. Pre-OS X dated.
I would doubt that there is any support or compatibility for it in Leopard.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
EGGO

EGGO is a jewel in the roughEGGO is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
That is a rather dated version of Illustrator. Pre-OS X dated.
I would doubt that there is any support or compatibility for it in Leopard.
It's sounding like this. It also sounds like your best way of getting an answer is straight through Adobe themselves. They'll do it quicker and faster than us. I know I can't help since I haven't touched Illustrator 10 in years (oh god...the horrible memories of OS9 at work)

The Visual Portfolio
I hate mac zealots as much as windows/other OS zealots.
QUOTE Thanks
titina

thanks for your replies guys... what's puzzling is the other -dated- adobe software i've layed my grubby little mits on ( ) have installed without any hitches... oh well...

iScream
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

Wait, am I reading this correctly? You are using an Illustrator upgrade but have no prior Illustrator on your machine? I would think that would cause a problem. I think you need a full version of Illustrator.

@D3v1L80Y: Illustrator 10 isn't THAT old. Yes, it's old, but I have a copy and on the box it says it's works on os 10.2, so it at least came out after os X.
QUOTE Thanks
titina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyciaAnimation View Post
Wait, am I reading this correctly? You are using an Illustrator upgrade but have no prior Illustrator on your machine? I would think that would cause a problem. I think you need a full version of Illustrator.

@D3v1L80Y: Illustrator 10 isn't THAT old. Yes, it's old, but I have a copy and on the box it says it's works on os 10.2, so it at least came out after os X.

yes you're reading this correctly, it's an upgrade and i don't have the v 9 installed and no it's not a problem as during the installation it looks for the previous version and when it doesn't find it it prompts you (amongst other options) to input the serial number of the previous version to verify that you have it. so. not the problem in this instance.

by the by... photoshop v7 (yes, i know it's old) although it installed without any problems it won't even start... crashes on opening... sigh, i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and find a more recent version of the adobe software if i wanna run it on my mac at home...

iScream
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking to buy a digital camera for under $700 | Camera for scuba diving »