New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Walk in the park

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soul.glo

soul.glo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz

2 shots from yesterday. C&C welcome.

The Goods:
MBP 15" 2.4ghz(Penryn)/2mb ram/200g hd/etc..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulglopics/
QUOTE Thanks
EGGO

EGGO is a jewel in the roughEGGO is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).

Just need to work on composition a little more. Color for the first one is fine, if you had the filter, I wonder what great saturation of color in the sky you could get.

The Visual Portfolio
I hate mac zealots as much as windows/other OS zealots.
QUOTE Thanks
Dodger

Dodger is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM

i don't know much about photography so i can't give valuable advice, but i really like them!

"Have a strong base, a witty mind, and a heart that is open but in no way hungry."
QUOTE Thanks
Roody

Roody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS

Looks good.
QUOTE Thanks
soul.glo

Thanks! First one was tough to get the right composition because of the surroundings, so I had to make do. I do need to get some filters. I love the effect you get with different filters.

The Goods:
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I don't mean to be rude but I don't get it. Soul.glo, you upload that really nice photo in the image of the month thread. You upload these and I wonder. Is that photo of the month yours?

These are, to be blunt, are not good. The sky is blown out in both photos, composition is bland, and the subject is boring. Maybe the bridge has some meaning to you but I don't see it.

Sorry for being harsh. I thought your work was a lot better. These are very point and shoot.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
soul.glo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
I don't mean to be rude but I don't get it. Soul.glo, you upload that really nice photo in the image of the month thread. You upload these and I wonder. Is that photo of the month yours?

These are, to be blunt, are not good. The sky is blown out in both photos, composition is bland, and the subject is boring. Maybe the bridge has some meaning to you but I don't see it.

Sorry for being harsh. I thought your work was a lot better. These are very point and shoot.
You're questioning if the photo I submitted is actually mine? That's messed up. I'm not a professional by any means, just enjoy taking pictures. I do appreciate the critique because I know I need the help, but I'm not cool with you hinting at me stealing someone else's work.

The Goods:
QUOTE Thanks
CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

I like alot of the pictures you post soul. They really stand out as very nice photos. How did my state treat you? lol Yosemite is great. I really should visit there again.

Its time to go...
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

soul.glo - i don't think bry was really trying to be insulting, just that these don't seem to be up to par.

i kind of agree. you take some amazing photos man. seriously, i'm often very impressed. these are fine, but not great. the first one seems a neat experiment with exposure. i do like the blown out sky and the saturated black, but the bridge, which seems to be the subject just looks a bit too muddy.
the second is nice. a bit standard in a way. doesn't have what i've come to feel is your signature "cool".

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
getuptogetdown

getuptogetdown is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle

I like the pics, I think they are really good..I know I couldn't take those

Loving my MBP more and more everyday
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PDF off center | Photoshop question »