New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

no organizer for Mac Photoshop Elements 6.0?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

damonk258

damonk258 is on a distinguished road

I just moved from PC to Mac and I enjoyed PSE 5.0 so much that I automatically ordered PSE 6.0 with the new Mac.

It looks as if the organizer is not part of the Mac version. (if I am wrong, please let me know!) What I liked was the ability to have the tagging, album creation editing, importation and all the creative stuff in the same application. iPhoto is very limited, and I no desire to switch around to multiple apps to accomplish what I could do before.

The keyword assignment in Bridge is limiting to say the least and certainly not at the same level as it is in organizer. I just dont understand why it forces you to use the iPhoto to organize. Why cant I have a choice? I am tempted to return PSE 6.0, get the windows version and use it through windows on my mac. I would be open to any other suggestions or comments.
QUOTE Thanks
LWC

LWC will become famous soon enough

Nope no organizer in PSE 6.0 for Mac.
They figure that most people will be using iPhoto to organize their photos.
You don't have to use iPhoto, you can always create dedicated folders to sort your photos and use Bridge to sort through them.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

There are literally dozens of photo organizer programs out there, so the lack of one in PE6 shouldn't be a concern. Frankly, even though I have Photoshop CS2, I never use Bridge. I might be inclined to if it wasn't so darn slow, but since it is, I use a hand managed set of folders to keep everything organized. I like this anyway, as it is not tied in to any one vendor's program.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

YOu cna use iPhoto, and in preferences set Elements to be your external editor, and then when you go to edit, Elements will open, you can edit, and when you save the photo will go back to its rightful place in the highly organized iPhoto Library.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Digital Photo Frame -'Black Pictures' | Mac Search »