New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Graphic forum

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pixel_Donkey

Pixel_Donkey is on a distinguished road

I was thinking, could we have software related sub forums to the graphics forum. For example a photoshop forum, indesign, illustrator forum etc?

It was about time I switched... and I am so glad I did.
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Ideas like this come up from time to time but the usual (and logical) response given from the powers that be each time is sub forums wouldnt generate enough traffic (theads) on their own to warrant a forum to them selves.

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Individual subforums for those programs would not generate enough traffic to justify them. If in the future, that changes, we'll look into it.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Also, I strongly believe that you shouldn't shove too many subjects into a single forum. There are plenty of Adobe CS forums that provide better knowledge and a lot of threads out there.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
Pixel_Donkey

Pixel_Donkey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Individual subforums for those programs would not generate enough traffic to justify them. If in the future, that changes, we'll look into it.
How could you judge if it would be used or not?

If this puts no extra load on the server then can you not trial it?
I can understand what everyone is saying, yes there are other forums related just for photoshop etc on other sites but thats no reason not have one here.

It was about time I switched... and I am so glad I did.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Because I see no avalanche of Photoshop, Illustrator, etc posts. If we begin to see that, we'll begin to think about a special forum.

Also, we are very conscious as to not clutter up the forum. Too many forums makes browsing and managing too difficult.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« notifications on threads not working | What's the point of the Rep. system? »