New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Mods

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

How do you know who is a mod, if they are on, if any are on, and the easiest way to contact them?

Probbly a silly question but my old dad says there is no such thing as a silly question.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

their usernames are in bold when you look on the list at the bottom of the front page and in the "who's online" under quick links.

also the grey button under their name says moderator.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Thanks Eric....new I could count on you.

Don't seem to be any mods around when you want them though......have you noticed the psots that I think are by bots??

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Also might be worth pointing out that when they post under there name it says Moderator.

However I generally find the more obvious you make it that someone is "Moderating" a thread, the more problems you have. The Irony is that on a Web Site I moderate it is all over the Place (names in Red, Got a different Logo, and it's in my Sig) and Don't I feel special for it :bomb:

Edit: If it concerns bad posts, just Report it. That's the easiest way to get bad posts pulled down.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

I think I have reported about 6 in that last hour.....I could be paranoid though.

QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDDoG View Post
I think I have reported about 6 in that last hour.....I could be paranoid though.
There really is no easier way then that, as they use vBulletin which at least on my site, sends e-mails about reported posts. So it is the best way to get in touch with them, maybe IM but depends how often they use it.

I just say carry on reporting the bad posts, they'll pick them up as soon as they come online. Don't keep reporting the same posts though

Did a Quick Edit, Probably not quick enough though

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

weird. i haven't seen any lately.

that's all i do normally too. just use the little exclamation point icon on the bottom left of the offending post.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

They some what like Buses, you wait for 1 and three come along at the same time.! :bomb:

Also isn't this in the wrong sub-forum?

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

Copy of e-mail I sent ealier...since then I have found a few other suspect ones.

Good afternoon, (here in aust)

I was just on two threads .vob to .avi and Best way to convert DVD to apple Tv

There seems to be an unusual number of low posting members? on these sites?

sophie 6 posts since 27/03/07
Monica 8 30/11/06
Lilyly 2 27/03/07
Mrxxg 1 04/04/07
Jackey 1 27/03/07
Bryantsing 6 26/03/07
Tosmoke 2 26/01/07
yoyo 4 13/12/06

Am I just paranoid??

Mark (MaDDoG)

QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

Check who's online....there is a few that have 0 posts etc, plus the ones I emailled about before and others I have come across for the first time....now its time to chill and have a beer or seven!

QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

iWhat is on now...Let him worry about that, you've done more than enough!

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
eric

normally the bot posters sign up and immediately post some nonsense in the site suggestions forum. it's usually pretty easy to spot.

sometimes you'll see people who just seem to join to flame-bait and otherwise make trouble, but they're pretty easy to spot too. i wouldn't worry about tracking zero-post users. that is verging on paranoid a bit .

QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

If I didn't know you better Eric, I'd be paranoid about your last comment.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

Just because your'e paranoid dosen't mean that I'm not...just look behind me....they are coming for you.....:bushman:

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A modest suggestion for the iPod and iTunes section. | Its 2007 - Any Chance of New Smileys? »