New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Anyone else annoyed by....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters has a spectacular aura about

The security code thing while trying to do a search. For some reason I could not get it right 11 times...

I guess looking from an Admin POV you don't want spammers on the site..but from a spammers POV...why would you want ot use a bot to do searches?

Anyway, just wanted to vent....

"Death to Toasters" - John Connor

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Security code? I have never run into that...
QUOTE Thanks
DeathtoToasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Security code? I have never run into that...
When going to do a search of the forums.

The security image on the right.

"The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

I'm with MHC ... huh?
QUOTE Thanks
DeathtoToasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
I'm with MHC ... huh?
I swear it is there....
(as I duck and cover...those black helicopters are flying around my house now!)

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I don't have that at all...

Have you been planning in destroying the forum again?

Nah kidding. I really don't see what you are seeing at all. Maybe contact staff and ask what gives? Or it might be your ISP, perhaps?
QUOTE Thanks
DeathtoToasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
I don't have that at all...

Have you been planning in destroying the forum again?

Nah kidding. I really don't see what you are seeing at all. Maybe contact staff and ask what gives? Or it might be your ISP, perhaps?

Oh wait a sec....
trying logging out and then doing a search.

I tried to do a search before I logged in.....

LOL :bomb:

QUOTE Thanks
Bill_Gates

Bill_Gates has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz

I only see the security code when I'm not logged in... otherwise, I can search with no problem...

Is there anyway this could be happening to you? Not being logged in when you are searching?

If anything though... I can at least verify I have seen this security code...

Edit: Ok looks like that was it!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I know that certain info is available to logged in users only and that suits me fine.

For example, a visitor cannot look up member profiles and such. Visitors can't see the Buy/Sell/Trade sub-forums either.
QUOTE Thanks
DeathtoToasters

Yeah Yeah Yeah...it was the logged in thing...I am a DUM BASS... I know...move along...nothing to see here

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

ROTFL

It's all part of getting the hang of using the forum. I still get my feet tangled up in the carpet's flowers too. We all do.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Just to embarrass you a bit DeathToToasters... I'm going to wait until this thread falls ALMOST out of sight, then...... BUMP!

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

You evil, evil man, you!
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

lol i was confused as i tried it an fine. lol
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
Yeah Yeah Yeah...it was the logged in thing...I am a DUM BASS... I know...move along...nothing to see here
ROTFL!! I can sure say I know how you feel. This thread was quite enjoyable, unfortunately at your expense
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How has Mac-Forums gotten so large? | I just wanna say... »