New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

For Moderator - picture question.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cptkrf

cptkrf is a jewel in the roughcptkrf is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 2013, MacMini,2013, Intel Core i7, 16gb, 27" Thunderbolt display (Highly recommended!)

I see very few pictures in the posts on this forum. (In fact, can’t seem to remember even one.) Also, I see nothing about use or restriction of imbedded pics in the guidelines.

So…

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, as someone said, and if so, is the lack of them on here because of custom, or some rule I haven’t found, or just because nobody posts them? I doubt that forum users want to see pages of snapshots of someone’s dog, or latest boat, or even their unbelievable cool new boy/girlfriend, but (for instance) a snap of the method of using two putty knives to crack the case of an original Mac Mini would be far better than a dense page of instructions.

Just wondering.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkrf View Post
I see very few pictures in the posts on this forum. (In fact, can’t seem to remember even one.) Also, I see nothing about use or restriction of imbedded pics in the guidelines...........

So.......Just wondering.
Well, I'm not a moderator, but have posted dozens of pictures - quite easy using the 'Image' icon or 'Manage Attachments' (URLs or uploaded images are options). Dave
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

We No Likes Pictures...

I kid, of course, a picture is worth a thousand words as the saying goes and we welcome screenshots for any problems in the technical sub-forums.

If you have general photography pictures, they are welcome in the Photos sub-forum..

Finally, family friendly pictures that don't cross political, religious or other personal boundaries are welcome in the Lounge. This last group is likely the place for moderation, but we are all smart enough to know what works in these forums and play nice..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

People often don't screenshots because they think that a description is enough, an issue can't be shown in a picture and/or they don't know how to take a screenshot. As for other pictures, that would be a personal choice. Raz0rEdge is right here - we don't tolerate certain kinds of pictures but that's a small subset of all possible pictures (which we have no issue with).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkrf View Post
I see very few pictures in the posts on this forum. (In fact, can’t seem to remember even one.)
Are you kidding?? You've been a member since 2009…and haven't seen one photo?? You must either be REALLY selective on what threads you read…or you have a VERY short memory!

Here are threads that you've actually posted in…that had at least one imbedded photo/image:

Don't become a phish
America's Involvement in the Vietnam War: Why?
Heartbeat OpenSSL bug does not affect OSX.
Wood Heat
Mac OS 10.9 "Mavericks" Released
When did you last see a payphone

I'm sure I could find more.

Do you still stand by your statement that you can't remember seeing even one photo?? Of course the "key word" is remember!!!

- Nick

p.s. For your viewing pleasure:

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
cptkrf

cptkrf is a jewel in the roughcptkrf is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 2013, MacMini,2013, Intel Core i7, 16gb, 27" Thunderbolt display (Highly recommended!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Are you kidding?? You've been a member since 2009…and haven't seen one photo?? You must either be REALLY selective on what threads you read…or you have a VERY short memory!
I DO remember the phone booth. Now.

But most of those in the examples are screenshots of this or that. Not really what I was thinking about as regard a pic. They are, of course, but after all these years of the Internet since Al Gore invented it (True! I was there.) I tend to automatically tune out pics with text as being ads. Unless I really am into the post.

Now, the great picture of the Apple 1 is what I was thinking of. No way for that to be automatically excluded as an uninteresting popup. Actually, I was checking because of experiences with other forums, some of which don't allow pictures for bandwidth or server space concerns.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Forum Thoughts | how delete account? »