New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Read-only iPhone interface

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

I.M.O.G.

I.M.O.G. is a jewel in the roughI.M.O.G. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned

It was resolved weeks ago. If you are still having trouble, please describe it for me.

Matt Bidinger
Community Manager
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Perhaps I misunderstood the solution. I'm still dropping into the read-only view but full desktop site link does now stay on the same thread. Was that the solution?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
I.M.O.G.

Correct, the specific item fixed was reading a thread, and switching from mobile to desktop view directly, without losing the thread.

Matt Bidinger
Community Manager
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
I.M.O.G.

Is there something else you'd like fixed too? We could look at it.

I'm also hoping to bring tapatalk over, as they've changed their pricing scheme, and we're currently running tapatalk for android and iOS on webhostingtalk... That way we can have a mobile experience that you can actually post in!

Matt Bidinger
Community Manager
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
I'm also hoping to bring tapatalk over, as they've changed their pricing scheme, and we're currently running tapatalk for android and iOS on webhostingtalk... That way we can have a mobile experience that you can actually post in!
Never thought I'd say this, but bring it on!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Yes, I'd love a mobile interface that allows posting.

If tapatalk is feasible that would be great

QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Sorry to dig up this old chestnut but is there any plan to allow posting from an iPhone?

Recently there seems to be a backward step in that even selecting the desktop view just refreshes and re-displays the mobile read-only view.

Has something changed of is this a new iOS7-ism?

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
Sorry to dig up this old chestnut but is there any plan to allow posting from an iPhone?

Recently there seems to be a backward step in that even selecting the desktop view just refreshes and re-displays the mobile read-only view.

Has something changed of is this a new iOS7-ism?
Yes, I've noticed the same. It's definitely annoying, to say the least. I will try to get the problem corrected.

In the meantime, I recommend the Atomic Web Browser, available in the app store - it allows you to spoof your browser's identity, essentially tricking websites like our own, to display the full page.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Thanks chap.

I do tend to use Atomic. It's handy for some tricky websites that don't play nice with certain browsers. Just can't automatically follow email links from mac-forums.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Start a Discussion ? | Start a Discussion in the right sidebar of the Forum page . . . Bug?? Error ?? »