New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

mac-forums available for tapatalk?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tom75

Tom75 is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody,

I am new here and have already a question regarding using mac-forums on an iPad.

I am using Tapatalk for other forums which is really convenient on iPad but couldn't find mac-forums in there.

Would it be possible to make the forum available via Tapatalk? Or how are other members accessing the forum from an iPad?

Thanks and Regards,
Tom
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I don't think it is. Which is a shame as the iPhone interface is unusable since the last update.

On iPad I just use Safari and the full web interface.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Tom75

Tom75 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as I know it only requires a plugin to make it available via Tapatalk, lets see maybe that would be possible.

Regards,
Tom
QUOTE Thanks
ChrisMan287

ChrisMan287 can only hope to improve

I don't use Tapatalk for any forum on my iPad. I've never had any issues through Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Thanks for the feedback/comment. Tapatalk support has been discussed but at this point, it doesn't provide the kind of solution that best fits the needs of the forum. However, this may change in the future.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
aje02

aje02 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early-2011 MacBook Pro 13" 2.7 GHz Corei7 8GB RAM 500GB HDD, 16GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad2 WIFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Thanks for the feedback/comment. Tapatalk support has been discussed but at this point, it doesn't provide the kind of solution that best fits the needs of the forum. However, this may change in the future.
I suggest you create some kind of a poll and let the members vote whether they would like tapatalk support or not. I personally support having tapatalk since it makes it easier to reply to threads using mobile devices.

--
Regards
Adel Ejjeh
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

We're currently assessing our mobile experiences and weighing all options. Rest assured that any and all changes will be tested to ensure suitability for our membership.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
blackph0enix

blackph0enix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15in Mid 2012(2.6 GHz Intel Core i7) iPhone 5 64GB,iPad 4 128GB,iPod Touch 4G 64GB

I know you guys aren't fond of Tapatalk but I was actually disappointed you weren't up there not that my disappointment really matters(lol). I just believe it makes everything easier for the user and I know you guys can be reached on mobile, but I am lazy. I never use mobile sites for forums. I just would like to be able to view these forums when I am not near a computer and Tapatalk is something I use often.

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools,
because people from a distance can't tell who is who
"
QUOTE Thanks
ursus262

ursus262 is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
What about the needs of people like us? The forum members.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

NOTE:
I have have never had any discussion with the owners of the forum, nor do I have any idea as to the ad revenue here, etc.

What I do know... Until TT can come up with a revenue stream beneficial to forum owners, a vast number of forums will not install this plugin to their forums. There are a great many forum owners reporting revenues down 40% and more since installing TT - meanwhile paying TT $2-$4k for the privilege of using their app. TT has to come up with a way that makes their app enticing not only to users, but to board owners.

TT has to figure out what to do about owners comments that have installed TT, such as the following:

Quote:
Well an update from a user - I have 4 forums running tapatalk.

In the past 4 or 5 months Ive made a whopping $7 from Tapatalk and vigilink. Best part is that tapatalk actually gets paid by vigilink and you get paid by tapatalk. I wonder what Tapatalks cut of my $7 was ?

Also interesting that until I contacted Vigilink, to find out where my money was, Tapatalk made no attempt to contact me to pay me the $7...snip

The forum that made the one time $7 has over 15,000 posts created by Tapatalk...snip...I know the numbers arent huge but a dollar a month ? for 4 sites ? wow ...
Quote:
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here. my memberships on my forum have increased 10 fold over the last couple of years and I'm now sitting at 150k/month visitors and my earnings have been the same for a year or so.

Just realized that 50% of my visitors are on TT. You guys really need to allow us forum owners to integrate Adsense into our forums for free. We are making you good money and reality is that I am loosing money. I should of seen this coming and now 50% of my members rely on this.
Quote:
I run a forum that pushes about 2 million pages a month. Tapatalk stopped working on my forum after making some software changes on my server and members returned to using their browsers.

Immediately, my adsense revenue increased $50 to $100 a day. Anyone that says we are not loosing money running tapatalk isnt paying attention. Thats $1500 to $3000 /month Im loosing. I was working on fixing the firewall issue, but i think I would be a fool.
These are not isolated comments from forum owners that have installed TT. It's an epidemic of forum owners that have installed it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

I was just wondering about that and came to ask only to find a thread regarding it. I use Tapatalk on my Android device and it is great, much better than using the mobile browser. I sure hope it can happen in the future.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursus262 View Post
What about the needs of people like us? The forum members.
The use of the forums has to balance the needs of the members and the needs of the business that runs and hosts the forums. Tapatalk appears to work to the benefit of the users to the detriment of those hosting the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
I was just wondering about that and came to ask only to find a thread regarding it. I use Tapatalk on my Android device and it is great, much better than using the mobile browser. I sure hope it can happen in the future.
The mobile website is continually being improved and added to. If you have any specific suggestions, we'd be happy to hear them.

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New user, can't post to buy/sell/trade thread | Help Please? »