Thread: TapaTalk ??

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    TapaTalk ??
    Finally after many years of NOT having a iPhone i finally got myself a 4s and wondering if Admin was going to enable this forum to use Tapatalk the iPhone/Android forum App ??
    I know there is a version here in this forum to use the IOS forum version, but was wondering with so many people supporting by becoming Premium Members if there is enough dosh in the account to enable the use of Tapatalk, as its more streamlined than using the IOS forum version.
    Would go a long way to being up there with the best.
    My account in Mac-Rumours is so much easier to navigate the forum than what we have going on here ??
    Who else supports the use of tapatalk and who would like to see it used for this forum ??
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    No opinion because I know absolutely nothing about it . . . Looks like I need to do a bit of reading.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Please read this: LINK

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I personally find the whole Tapatalk concept shady. I don't care for how the product is promoted (they essentially recruit users to spam for them), nor do I find their product unique - there are other free forum "reader" apps that essentially perform the same functions as Tapatalk, but don't require a dubious plug-in for the hosting forum.

For those reasons, I'm not keen on implementing it here - particularly when there are other viable alternatives. But thanks for your interest, TM.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    My apologies for not searching just got so excited about my new purchase I jumped in head 1st without thinking :-(

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I personally find the whole Tapatalk concept shady. I don't care for how the product is promoted (they essentially recruit users to spam for them), nor do I find their product unique - there are other free forum "reader" apps that essentially perform the same functions as Tapatalk, but don't require a dubious plug-in for the hosting forum.

For those reasons, I'm not keen on implementing it here - particularly when there are other viable alternatives. But thanks for your interest, TM.
    I actually admin multiple forums, all with tapatalk installed due to user request. From both the forum perspective, and the OS perspective I have seen nothing 'dubious' from a security perspective about the plugin. I already know your opinion on the entire subject, but since I've actually some experience with it, I felt the compulsion to reply
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned
    We are developing our own mobile solution actually, and have decided against Tapatalk. You can only run your own ads in the paid version, otherwise it is their ads, and they charge your users to install the app.

I've gone through the specification of our mobile solution pretty well, and feel pretty confident it will be very user friendly, and include the primary features for users that Tapatalk has.

It will also support the forum as well as the blog, which is something tapatalk does not do, but we consider important for our sites.
    Matt Bidinger
    Community Manager

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    That's great news Matt, especially since I just purchased a new iPad.

Specs:
    iMac
    Tapatalk work until you do a search
    I am a recent user of Tapatalk and it works fine, until I do a search in Mac-Forums and it returns an error message. Talpatalk does not do search for Mac F

If you have your own App, please tell us which is it. Otherwise, Tapatalk is working well with Mac-Forums except for that glitch...

Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    We are developing our own mobile solution actually, and have decided against Tapatalk. You can only run your own ads in the paid version, otherwise it is their ads, and they charge your users to install the app.

I've gone through the specification of our mobile solution pretty well, and feel pretty confident it will be very user friendly, and include the primary features for users that Tapatalk has.

It will also support the forum as well as the blog, which is something tapatalk does not do, but we consider important for our sites.

Specs:
    I believe Mac's are meant to be admired, not owned
    Tapatalk says the forum has to install a plugin in order for it to work. If you are using Tapatalk with Mac-Forums, you'll have to check with Tapatalk - I just checked on our admin side and the plugin is NOT installed.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    Tapatalk says the forum has to install a plugin in order for it to work. If you are using Tapatalk with Mac-Forums, you'll have to check with Tapatalk - I just checked on our admin side and the plugin is NOT installed.

This is 100% true. I suspect there's some misunderstanding. I do not see Mac-Forums as available via Tapatalk.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by walky View Post
    I am a recent user of Tapatalk and it works fine, until I do a search in Mac-Forums and it returns an error message. Talpatalk does not do search for Mac F

If you have your own App, please tell us which is it. Otherwise, Tapatalk is working well with Mac-Forums except for that glitch...
    It hasn't got MF on there list of 000's this is why i posed the ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    I do not see Mac-Forums as available via Tapatalk.

This is %100 true

EDIT : Seems as if Admin had now closed my poll Why may i ask? I was still interested as to who would of liked TT on IOS even if its not going to be implemented.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    iMac
    It is true, not in Tapatalk... I was confusing it with MR. It does not seem to like Mac, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    It hasn't got MF on there list of 000's this is why i posed the ?

This is %100 true

EDIT : Seems as if Admin had now closed my poll Why may i ask? I was still interested as to who would of liked TT on IOS even if its not going to be implemented.

Thread Information