New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Mac Forums page size

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I'm getting this now for the first time on firefox 4.0.1 on OS 10.6.7.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Mine is doing the coin toss attitude maybe fine on one thread and not another just not consistent.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
I'm getting this now for the first time on firefox 4.0.1 on OS 10.6.7.
Getting what? I'm not seeing anything strange.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Oh, I think I see what he means, now that I opened up Firefox. There is a huge white blank margin on the right, which makes the horizontal scrolling bars appear. I can't even make them got away by stretching my browser across my entire iMac screen.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Look at the bottom he is getting a scroll bar that was not on this forum a couple of days ago although his is not as bad as mine.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure it's an ad issue. Let me report this thread.

QUOTE Thanks
osxx

This is when it gets bad.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-06-04 at 9.26.45 AM.png (144.7 KB, 45 views)
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Thanks, I've asked the iNET devs to take a look.

QUOTE Thanks
HelpdeskRules

HelpdeskRules is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem in Safari & FireFox but it displays OK in Chrome so I'm having to use that to browse the forum.

It's something to do with the code in the header adverts I think as this appears right next to the advert and as it's so long the page width of the forum is increased so you have to scroll across a long way to read anything.

var _ifid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write(""); try{var ifr = document.getElementById("_cwif"+_ifid);doc = ifr.contentDocument;doc.writeln("");var f = doc.getElementById('_cwsf1');f.method = 'POST';f.action = "http://tag.contextweb.com/TagPublish/sc.aspx?cs=531322_4_95751%40EMPTY%40.contextweb.co m%4006%2F04%2F2011%40%252F*531322_4_95751%40130721 8913502%40.contextweb.com%4006%2F04%2F2011%40%252F *V%40t7jBL9qpGr2h%40.contextweb.com%4006%2F16%2F20 11%40%252F*vf%401%40.contextweb.com%4006%2F05%2F20 11%40%252F";f.submit();} catch(e) {}

My Personal WebSite: www.helpdeskrules.co.uk - Follow me on Twitter: @helpdeskrules
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

Ok this is what I found after playing with it all morning if you turn JavaScript off the forum works and feels like it did for years enable JS and it goes back to extra wide page mode with bottom scroll bar.
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

Nothing with FF4, Chrome or Safari. Weird...

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Ok, I opened up Firefox and suddenly noticed the same thing (A 143 px white space on the right)
Safari is ok, just Firefox is screwing something up.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

We're aware, thanks for all of the updates. It's related to the way different browsers render certain code. IMOG has been tweaking it here and there for the last couple of days.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Mm, ok.
From what I can tell it's related to the <div class"socialbuttons"> section, if I block it from loading the page renders correctly.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
pokermaniac

pokermaniac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Two iMacs: 10.7.5 2010 Core i3, 8Gigs RAM, and a 10.7.5 2011 Core i7, 16 Gigs RAM with an SSD

I can tell you that on both of my Macs, a late 2010 iMac running 10.6.7, and my 2011 17" MBP, also running 10.6.7., it's happening.

I only use Safari, so I haven't checked other browsers. However, I'm typing this on my ThinkPad using Chrome, and it's fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cant post in For Sale Forum - Is there a minimum post limit? | Greyed thread box. »