New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

I can't access www.mac-forums.com what's up?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Hi,

For the past week or more i have not been able to access Mac Forums | Apple, iPod, iPhone Discussions the forums here. When I try to access them I don't get the forums as I normally do. Instead I gat a inetstatus.net page. I don't know why this is. And it really annoyed me.

But I found a way to hide my proxy and other things with this website Proxy Sites. I chose one of the links there (Sky Proxy - Never die ! is what I chose) and through that I can access the website mac-forums.

Why can't a normally access the forums? Is there anything I can do to help this?
And I'll bookmark the proxy hiding site so I can access mac-forums.

This is why I have not been here on the forums for a while. Simply can't access them normally.

Does anyone know why this is? And would anyone know a possible solution for this please?

Thanks for your time.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Sounds like it happened right after the server move last week.

Happened to me only for several hours and only on my iPad.

Will get it reported so they can check into it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Thanks for that.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I haven't had any problems on my end for the past week or so...even with the server change.

I wonder if any other folks from "Down Under"...have had any problems.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

No problems here either. And it looks like folks down under - Australia, New Zealand, are able to access normally as before. May be something local to "the8tharc".

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
SoftWareRevue
iNET Interactive

SoftWareRevue will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
... Does anyone know why this is? And would anyone know a possible solution for this please?

Thanks for your time.
It would be a DNS issue. I'd suggest you flush your cache.

Start a terminal session and use either lookupd -flushcache (Tiger) or dscacheutil -flushcache (Leopard).

I Twitter and Twhirl @SoftWareRevue
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

No it was here also yesterday ~ got hung up on some bullmedia loading message or somesuch with no loading.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
It would be a DNS issue. I'd suggest you flush your cache.

Start a terminal session and use either lookupd -flushcache (Tiger) or dscacheutil -flushcache (Leopard).
I tried that and it didn't work. So for the time being I can just access the site through the proxy hider. Annoying but at least I can still access the site.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Come on, let's all be honest here. We all know the admins blocked the8thark because he's been spamming up the place with his so-called "news"

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Kash you might be on to something here
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Just to let you all know. I was contacted by the website's admin, and I gave them a little info. And what they did must have fixed the issue. Because I can access the site normally now .

So bobtomay is you are in contact with the site's admin again, can you tell them a thank you from me. And a thanks to you too for contacting them for me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can someone tell me how many posts I need before I can put up a want ad | Sticky's »