Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    It happened to me again. I got the need mod approval message again.
    I just posted a post about a little arguement I needed help with. The post had a link in it. And well I am just letting the mods know it happened again .

And if the mods could post this message for me it'd be nice thanks.

[edit]I got the message again after typing out a long answer to a mac question someone had.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    I'm still getting these messages as well.

I find it a bit unnerving that if I spend a good amount of time & effort replying to a question...then I get this message (that the moderators need to review the post)...and then really not know if it was ever actually posted to the thread that I was replying to.

These posts contain nothing offensive as far as I can tell...so I'm really not sure what triggers the "moderator review" message.

Thanks,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    We're not sure yet either. My best guess are 1) newbs posting links and 2) links to sites that may have been linked to by spammers. You probably don't need to report all of them. We see them if we're online and looking at the current threads which, I'm guessing, we all spend a lot of time doing.

Think I've only seen 2 posts thus far from our regulars that actually required moderation prior to it going live.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    So far all the moderated posts/threads I have run into are from Spammers. I am sure there is some issue though as it's happening to long time good users here and should not be. Hang in there. I am sure a fix will be on the way.

This happened to me last week (I've lost track of the thread) and just happened to me twice now in the same thread. There's nothing about this thread that should suggest "spam" to me.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

And even more oddly… it just happened to me in posting my last reply.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

And more oddly still… that last reply about my reply before that not going through… got through.

------
    ------

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links. Do you get any kind of CAPTCHA authentication prompts?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links. Do you get any kind of CAPTCHA authentication prompts?
    Not at all.

------
    ------

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Not at all.
    I don't get it then. We can't moderate every single post that contains a link. It will definitely stop spammers, but it shouldn't happen to seasoned members with a certain post count.

I guess I don't understand the threshold or how it's setup. This seems like a question for the admins.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

I don't get it then. We can't moderate every single post that contains a link. It will definitely stop spammers, but it shouldn't happen to seasoned members with a certain post count.

I guess I don't understand the threshold or how it's setup. This seems like a question for the admins.
    It is odd, indeed. I wasn't even posting external links in at least one of those that got kicked to moderation.

------
    ------

Specs:
    Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links.
    I have received this "moderated message" from some posts which contained links & some that don't. I even got this "moderated message" when I linked some "Sticky" threads from Mac-Forums in a post. Basically every time I post a message...it's sort of like the lottery if I will or will not receive the message.

But I would certainly say that I only get the message probably 1% or less of posts made over the past 3-4 days or so.

And I would certainly agree...that having to moderate every post that contains a link would be a lot to ask from our friendly unpaid moderators!

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    OK, just got some word back from the admins. This is related to a new anti-spam plug-in. The settings have been adjusted appropriately and it should no longer effect members that have some history.

Specs:
    OK, just got some word back from the admins. This is related to a new anti-spam plug-in. The settings have been adjusted appropriately and it should no longer effect members that have some history.
    Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.

- Nick

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
    I got one of those too. Can't say what thread, or what happened to my post ultimately.

Thread Information