New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Did something happen to my account here (like an infraction I don't know about)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

It happened to me again. I got the need mod approval message again.
I just posted a post about a little arguement I needed help with. The post had a link in it. And well I am just letting the mods know it happened again .

And if the mods could post this message for me it'd be nice thanks.

[edit]I got the message again after typing out a long answer to a mac question someone had.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I'm still getting these messages as well.

I find it a bit unnerving that if I spend a good amount of time & effort replying to a question...then I get this message (that the moderators need to review the post)...and then really not know if it was ever actually posted to the thread that I was replying to.

These posts contain nothing offensive as far as I can tell...so I'm really not sure what triggers the "moderator review" message.

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

We're not sure yet either. My best guess are 1) newbs posting links and 2) links to sites that may have been linked to by spammers. You probably don't need to report all of them. We see them if we're online and looking at the current threads which, I'm guessing, we all spend a lot of time doing.

Think I've only seen 2 posts thus far from our regulars that actually required moderation prior to it going live.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

So far all the moderated posts/threads I have run into are from Spammers. I am sure there is some issue though as it's happening to long time good users here and should not be. Hang in there. I am sure a fix will be on the way.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

This happened to me last week (I've lost track of the thread) and just happened to me twice now in the same thread. There's nothing about this thread that should suggest "spam" to me.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

And even more oddly… it just happened to me in posting my last reply.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

And more oddly still… that last reply about my reply before that not going through… got through.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links. Do you get any kind of CAPTCHA authentication prompts?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links. Do you get any kind of CAPTCHA authentication prompts?
Not at all.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Not at all.
I don't get it then. We can't moderate every single post that contains a link. It will definitely stop spammers, but it shouldn't happen to seasoned members with a certain post count.

I guess I don't understand the threshold or how it's setup. This seems like a question for the admins.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
I don't get it then. We can't moderate every single post that contains a link. It will definitely stop spammers, but it shouldn't happen to seasoned members with a certain post count.

I guess I don't understand the threshold or how it's setup. This seems like a question for the admins.
It is odd, indeed. I wasn't even posting external links in at least one of those that got kicked to moderation.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Both of the "moderated" posts appear to have links. So, it's something to do with people posting links.
I have received this "moderated message" from some posts which contained links & some that don't. I even got this "moderated message" when I linked some "Sticky" threads from Mac-Forums in a post. Basically every time I post a message...it's sort of like the lottery if I will or will not receive the message.

But I would certainly say that I only get the message probably 1% or less of posts made over the past 3-4 days or so.

And I would certainly agree...that having to moderate every post that contains a link would be a lot to ask from our friendly unpaid moderators!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

OK, just got some word back from the admins. This is related to a new anti-spam plug-in. The settings have been adjusted appropriately and it should no longer effect members that have some history.

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
OK, just got some word back from the admins. This is related to a new anti-spam plug-in. The settings have been adjusted appropriately and it should no longer effect members that have some history.
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
I got one of those too. Can't say what thread, or what happened to my post ultimately.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Suggestions for mobile site | Members' Mac and OS Specs »