New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

A big thanks.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vonedaddy

I would just like to say that I am a new MAC user and this place has been a pillar of support for me. I have been using PCs my whole life and finally got tired of blue screens, locked PC's and error codes. I went out and I bought an ibook g4. It took me a while to get confortable, BUT, thanks to macforums and all you great people I got perfect answers to all my question. Some questions I posted and others I have searched. I just wanted to express an appreciation for your site. I have run web sites similar to this in the past and I know it is a selfless act.

Great job, I would recommend macforums to any and every switcher I talk to.

Thanks,
Vone
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

That's great to hear vonedaddy. This community honestly sets itself apart from the rest in many ways, and that is why I keep coming back for more myself. There are not many forums, I can think of, where you can feel comfortable the day you become a member as you do with Mac-forums. Mac-forums goes for the personal touch, and I think that it's worked great thus far.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Glad to hear it. This is what I believe this site is all about
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Awesome! Great to hear, thanks for the compliment!
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Vone,

I feel ya brother. I, too, am a recent swittcher and, until yesterday, had my Win XP PC hooked up like an umbilical cord, easing the transition period. Well..the transition is now permanent because the other is disconnected, although I feel bad because I built her myself. My wife even remarked, "aren't you sad to give it up?"
My response? "The computer, yes. Windows, no."

I have a new (rev B) iMac G5 and aside from Microsoft making it very difficult to export an address book from Outlook to Entourage, it's been a terrific experience. Leave MS to screw it up even for their own software transitions.

That said, I'm becomming a 'macolyte', espousing the greatness that is mac. It's not a cult, it's not for designers-only. It's a terrific platform that executes what you want it to do without the side effects that Windows poses. I used to log onto my PC and run a bunch of utilities, daily, in order to keep me 'safe' in my work environment. Now I spend that time enjoying the mac, and being more productive. Isn't that what personal computing is all about?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

we're glad when users benefit from the site, everyone here works hard to make the forum what it is.
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

welcome aboard :biohazard

QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

welcome. and np.

my unbiased opinion: moderators rule..
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

Suck up!
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

ahhh this is just like my post on ots:
http://www.opentechsupport.net/forum...ad.php?t=33904

ots is kinda turnin into a cult its kinda creepy.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat
Suck up!

lol is it possible for me to suck up to myself?
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

Yes, Except its not called sucking up its called something else I'll have to think about it when I'm not listening to David Bowie.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

This site is to help the people of the mac commnunity, new and old, We are all glad to hear that you like this site and that it helped you in making your switch from the pc. Congrats on that btw.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
lol is it possible for me to suck up to myself?
I've heard yoga does wonders.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Thanks! | Apple's Motion 2 »