New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

iMac/ Mac mini

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zap2

I think we should make iMac and Mac mini sperate forums. They are very different and many people own each one. OR we could makea iMac by itself and a Mac Mini and Emac( becuase they are both low cost apple computers) just my thoughts. Becuase iMac and Mac Mini and to different
QUOTE Thanks
macman88

macman88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram

i think that the imac and then emac should be put together. the mini should be by itself. there is not many people posting about the emac, and you are right, the imac and mini are very different.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I am a fan of combining forums instead of spreading them out more.
QUOTE Thanks
EvoMac

I have to say I agree with the original poster on this one. As much as I like a clean forum, the iMac and the Mac Mini are two totally different beasts.

They are much more different then the iBook compared to the PowerBook and they have their own forums.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2
I think we should make iMac and Mac mini sperate forums. They are very different and many people own each one. OR we could makea iMac by itself and a Mac Mini and Emac( becuase they are both low cost apple computers) just my thoughts. Becuase iMac and Mac Mini and to different

Ditto

QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

I agree. The iMac and Mini are two different breeds. One is an all-in-one with a G5, the other is a "tower" running a g4 chip. Niether share the same HDD, video card, or any other major component, so technical issues that affect one rarely if ever affect the other unless it is a general Apple issue.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I agree. The iMac and Mini are two different breeds. One is an all-in-one with a G5, the other is a "tower" running a g4 chip. Niether share the same HDD, video card, or any other major component, so technical issues that affect one rarely if ever affect the other unless it is a general Apple issue.

-Chris
Another vote in favor of the poster.
QUOTE Thanks
Aarow

I agree.
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

so i see a lot of support for this. Now we need a mod for some action
QUOTE Thanks
KendallParis

KendallParis is on a distinguished road

I also agree as I joined this forum when the Mac Minis were first announced in order to learn about Mac Minis. I do read other boards in order to learn about Apple in general, but as the time moves closer for me to pick up my Mini, it would be easier for someone like me.
QUOTE Thanks
livatlantis

livatlantis will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini

I'm new, but I'd certainly like the distinction between the mini and the iMac
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

i pm a mod about it
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

most of us here would rather have forums as one rather than multiple. Im not sure if we will change anything, but I guess we can discuss it. No more PMs please, we know what you want.. we think.

Music Forum? and Mac Mini and iMac forum... we will see if his is necessary.
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

whay r PMs? sorry if its a stupid Q i just dont know
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Forums Widget? | Mac-Forums Server Issues? »