New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Possible Forum Bug

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

When I use the search feature, I get sometimes

"This forum requires you to wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 94 seconds" or with some other 2 digit number there that is bigger than 10. Bug?

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

All I know is if you keep trying even though it says wait, the wait get longer each time. Before I was a mod here I was always in a hurry and got that over and over. Does it give the wrong time even the very first time it gives that message to you?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I'm still in a hurry all the time.

Doesn't do it the first time 'all the time', but yes, on occasion it does give a higher number even the first time.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

I just tried it and I hadn't even searched within the last 10 seconds. It asked me to wait 82 seconds.

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod Nano View Post
I just tried it and I hadn't even searched within the last 10 seconds. It asked me to wait 82 seconds.
Works fine for me, try signing out and back in again.
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

That bug has been happening again, frequently.

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

This is a very frequent bug. I know a lot more people experience it because they have joked about it before.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

The good news is you do not have to wait the 94 or 82 or whatever figures that seems to pop up at random. Ten seconds does the trick. Wondering if it actually should 9.4 seconds, 8.2 seconds etc?
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

We're sorry, but you cannot post in this for the next day. Please try again next month.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I checked the VB manual and the default setting is 30 seconds between posts to help stop flooding used by spammers.

I have never seen that so called bug here back when I was a normal user. It always displayed the same time delay unless I kept hitting the button. Now as a Mod it never comes up as Mods are exempt from that delay.
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

You mods all get special treatment? LOL

Another thing - On occasion, I've seen something where I post and then it ends up looking like I posted before the person who I'm replying to, but yet, I saw their post before I wrote mine (if that makes any sense). It's not a common thing, but it's happened once in a while. Is this some crazy mod who likes to move things as a joke or is there a real problem happening here?

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod Nano View Post
You mods all get special treatment? LOL

Another thing - On occasion, I've seen something where I post and then it ends up looking like I posted before the person who I'm replying to, but yet, I saw their post before I wrote mine (if that makes any sense). It's not a common thing, but it's happened once in a while. Is this some crazy mod who likes to move things as a joke or is there a real problem happening here?
Yes I know what your talking about!

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

I take it you don't know what the cause is?

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
Big Dan

Big Dan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1

The same flood check (time delay) happens when reporting posts. I don't know what version of vB is running here but the latest and greatest (3.8.3) has CATCHPA capabilities for unregistered users to search, email, and all that stuff.

While we're here can we get database thread marking? Cookie based is so 2002 and usability suffers.
QUOTE Thanks
DiveObsession

DiveObsession is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13' Unibody 2.26Ghz

Yea, I just joined here and I thought i was being giving a hard time cause I'm the newbie Glad it's a common problem:

Quote:
This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 95 seconds.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why can't I use my PayPal balance to sign up for MF Membership? | New Skin? »