New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

removing access to buy/sell from members with low or zero posts

Thread Closed

safarisurfer

safarisurfer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13 inch 2012 Air

there are far to many drive by scam artists that can just cruise right in to the buy trade area. it makes trades next to near impossible. yea there is common sense with people with low posts. but my own experience with other forums that have restricted members in this manner have been far far better. the idea is to encourage many of them just move on. if it even made it 2% better imho id take it.

ive seen a huge spike in 0-5 post people going into the buy sell area. please dont let it go down the tubes.
Big Dan

Big Dan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1

I think they announced the other day that people with less than 10 posts cannot post new threads in the BST forums. Great idea! I do the same on my forums.
MacGnG

MacGnG is on a distinguished road

its like 30 posts and 30 days on other forums im on
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

There's actually a number of different restrictions in addition to the post count. Suffice it to say that it is sufficiently restricted to active community participants.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
fcp_editor22

fcp_editor22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mbp 2.6 lts of upgrades 23inch CD

well crap i just signed up because i wanted to sell some stuff, now i gotta wait till i get to 10 post. sheesh. i noticed theres no hi am new here section for introductions to new members. that should be fixed..
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcp_editor22 View Post
well crap i just signed up because i wanted to sell some stuff, now i gotta wait till i get to 10 post. sheesh. i noticed theres no hi am new here section for introductions to new members. that should be fixed..
Apparently you missed where I said that there were a number of other restrictions besides the post count.

Our Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for community participants only. It is not intended as a general marketplace. If that's what you're here for, you might want to look elsewhere.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcp_editor22 View Post
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sug...e-section.html

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Closed

« hi am new here section | Noobie Here »