New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Suggestions and Feedback A place for your suggestions and comments about the Mac-Forums Community itself

Mac-Forums Sticker

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

Now this may sound lame, and may have been brought up before, but hear me out. I think it would be a good idea for the forums to creat a sticker of the forum's symbol. Something small and simple we could put on our car, or aywhere else for that matter. I'm an avid Subaru enthusiast and am a frequent at i-Cub.com, a Subaru Impreza/WRX forums site/car club. Over there we have a simple sticker that we can buy to support the club. This has two positive effects. 1: The stickers cost the buyer slighty more than they cost the club to produce. This profit is then sunk right back in to the club allowing each purchase to not only provide you a sticker, but to help the club as well. 2: The stickers increase the feeling of camaraderi. You always know when you spot a fellow board member on the road. Just a though, and maybe a dumb/old one, but I thought I'd throw it out there none-the-less.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

It's an interesting idea, although Im pretty sure we will not be able to convince the owners to put forth the initial amount that would be needed. The logo would be a very awesome sticker though.. hmm.. well I could probably do it, but I would need preorders and I would like ideas of the size people would like to see.. as for the profits.. I have no idea where those would go, although the owners would probably be happy to take it.. or maybe since us moderators do this for free.. this could bring in a little income for us

Im open to ideas!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

it is a good idea, and Ill be making a few for myself now that its mentioned. I have a place thatll print stickers cheaply, as little as 10. if the mods are considering doing this, check out cafe press.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Yeah cafe press is pretty good, but limited on sticker style.. Im thinking some really nice ones.. no clue on the price though since I need to talk to my old boss since he does stuff like this.. see how much that would cost He does car detailing and car graphics for businesses all the time with really nice vinyl stickers.. ill ask him, we could have different "qualities" and "sizes" of stickers.. and "types" just thinking aloud here.. no clue if it's even feasible at this point
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

you guys let me know. I've have no resources/hookups/people I know to help you guys make them, but if you need some monetary help to get an innitial batch going, let me know.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea, I wouldn't mind buying one, ide prolly print off "GRAPHITE" under it but thats just for personal customization...
QUOTE Thanks
mdavis71

mdavis71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook

I got some friends that own a printing press if you guys are intested and get one desined i can take it down there and see what they will charge me for them, and there a local small town company maybe even get them for like an extra 50cents on some print your username.

matt
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I think a silkscreen press might be the way to go as opposed to offset printing. I have done all types of printing and graphics, but if we use a silkscreen press(used for shirts, napkins, some stickers, itll be cheaper in the long run. we can put our username, but what good will it do? some people would see the sticker and think who the **** is mdavis71?
then youd be confusing people about what mac-forums.com is.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

I love that idea..I'd buy a few!
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a 15 inch MacBook Pro from September 2010 with 10.9 - yay!

That would be sooo totally cool. I want a Mac-Forums sticker! :flower:

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks
Phiber

Hah! Careful, Apple might sue you.
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber
Hah! Careful, Apple might sue you.
lol...that will be one way of advertising APPLE...
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
or maybe since us moderators do this for free.. this could bring in a little income for us
hahahaha, thats a good one

QUOTE Thanks
proudlywelsh83

I want one too if you dont mind posting to the UK i'll pay the Shipping Cost
QUOTE Thanks
MrRich

MrRich is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool

Anyone design any yet?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buy, Sell, Trade Forum | MD widget or RSS feed »