New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Polls Community polls where we gather fun facts.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Member of the Month, September 2012

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Voted, that was a really hard choice

at least our little election doesn't involve character assassination

Good luck all

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
. . . at least our little election doesn't involve character assassination

Good luck all
Aaaaaah, but we do have our own special brand of conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
Cats are never wrong. You will simply have to bow to the obvious mental power of the cat. And given the fact that Apple has never (as far as I know) named an OS after any type of dog, but is still using cats, well... I think you'd be wise to fall in line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Oooh, just what I love - being told what to do.

Might I suggest that you "think different."

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Oooh, just what I love - being told what to do.

Might I suggest that you "think different."
No...mate...no.... that's like somebody dragging their fingernails down a blackboard..."think differently" surely ?

Total obedience and harmony....I was slicing rump steak for a Stroganoff at the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Animals 010.jpg (211.8 KB, 28 views)

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Looks like we have a winner!

Congrats to all, and especially to SlyDude our September MoTM

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

That was quick.

Well done SlyDude.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Congrats, Slydude! I believe that makes you amongst our group of 2x MOTM award winners.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Congrats!

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Congrats Slydude. Congrats to all other candidates as well. All are deserving!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Thanks everyone. It's as much an honor this time as it was the first time. I suppose that means my blog posts need to be a bit more consistent doesn't it? lol

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendlewitch View Post
No...mate...no.... that's like somebody dragging their fingernails down a blackboard..."think differently" surely ?
Too much feline in that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Thanks everyone. It's as much an honor this time as it was the first time. I suppose that means my blog posts need to be a bit more consistent doesn't it? lol
Oh yes, the expectations are now considerably higher.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Do those higher expectations come with higher compensation? There are . . . contributions . . . (yeah that's the word) to be paid.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Do those higher expectations come with higher compensation? There are . . . contributions . . . (yeah that's the word) to be paid.
Oh yes, 10x your current compensation!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

An extra helping of Texas donuts! Congrats again Sly.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Congrats Sly.

Van, I know you never will, but never come visit me. You will find way too much Feline.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
An extra helping of Texas donuts! Congrats again Sly.
Thanks. My wife will swear that I do not need an extra helping of Texas donuts. Feel free to ignore all such nonsense.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member of the Month, August 2012 | Member of the Month, October 2012 »