New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Polls Community polls where we gather fun facts.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Upgrading to iPhone 4s or waiting for iPhone 5?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Why am I posting this as a poll?
1) Boredom . . . I enjoy reading the often insightful responses even the most routine questions sometimes engender
2) It's been a while since I posted a poll (see #1 above)
3) A snapshot of our community reaction to the iPhone 4s and Keynote would be interesting

As for myself, I will be upgrading (currently have the 3Gs) but may wait a month or two to do it and play with IOS 5 on my 3Gs before changing hardware.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I dunno yet. The new 4Gs is tempting. Especially since I'm still using a first gen iPhone.

With a cracked screen. ^-^ Still works so we will see.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
I dunno yet. The new 4Gs is tempting. Especially since I'm still using a first gen iPhone.

With a cracked screen. ^-^ Still works so we will see.
All I can say is , "Wow!"

Do you have any hand-crank land lines around the house?

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I'll be upgrading, my 3gs is kind of tired

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I voted satisfied with my iPhone 4 and so far I am what will probably happen is one of my friends will get the 4s and let me play with it and it will all be over but the want to upgrade. Hi I am Oz and I am an Apple junkie that is the first step is it not ?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Am sure I'll hit the store within a couple of days of release, if not on the day of.

It's got enough extra, think it'd be a worthwhile upgrade from the 3GS.
But need to see if I can get past the square design.
Maybe I should go for a hand replacement and get a hand that's square instead of curved.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
slow3st

slow3st is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro i5

Voted. I'm due for an upgrade. I'm still on 3G lol
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

What about the category for those of us who have been lugging around blackberries for years but are finally going to make the leap to an iPhone (I think). I don't know that I view the 4s necessarily as a 'significant' upgrade from the last model - but considering everyday I want to smash my blackberry to tiny little pieces - it'll do.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
What about the category for those of us who have been lugging around blackberries for years but are finally going to make the leap to an iPhone (I think). I don't know that I view the 4s necessarily as a 'significant' upgrade from the last model - but considering everyday I want to smash my blackberry to tiny little pieces - it'll do.
You have my blessing to use your Mod powers to add another category if you wish.

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
You have my blessing to use your Mod powers to add another category if you wish.
Hehe - how's that?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Hehe - how's that?
If you're happy, I'm happy.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Just for you.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Just for you.
Hehe - even better
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Just for you.
Bob, that was worth some Rep, but I have to spread the love some more before I can give it.
My only real complaint is I've already voted so I can't vote for your new category.

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

I wonder if the company would make a stink if I held a ceremonial blackberry smashing session - before giving it back to them? Seriously - every time I have to wait 20-30 s just to get to the dialog box to enter my password so I can make a call it's all I can do not to throw it as far as I can - I can't wait to get rid of this thing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member of the Month - October 2011 | Member of the Month - November 2011 »