New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Polls Community polls where we gather fun facts.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

To WiFi or not to WiFi

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Do you use WiFi?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

everybody must wifi, some people say its not safe, but if your computer is protected well, i don't see a problem with it.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Wifi in the morning, wifi in the evening, wifi at dinner time!
QUOTE Thanks
sonofapplepm

WiFi forever!
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i love wifi!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I do both. Since my job, wouldn't let me run wireless.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

My WiFi network is safe. No neighboors live within range.
QUOTE Thanks
Josh_MacMan

Josh_MacMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV

I-Fi, U-Fi, we all WiFi!

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Interesting, I've noticed that most of the people who have replied on this thread have either iBooks or Powerbooks, which are all commonly used with Wifi (the newer models have it as a standard feature). And I would bet that with the increasing availablity of DSL and other High Speed internet services, as well as that many High Speed Internet companies are offering free wireless routers, it makes sense that more people are getting Wifi home networks than ever before. Also, many users of this message board could be considered "Power Users" who are much more likely to use modern technologies such as Wifi.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
Also, many users of this message board could be considered "Power Users" who are much more likely to use modern technologies such as Wifi.
I so agree with you about that. I barely know anybody, who is a power user compared to people like me or members in this board. Sometimes, I just assume or take for granted that people have the same technology as I do or the know-how. Example: Me: Oh, just download the 100MB upgrade from their website. Them: I have dial-up. Me: Oh!?

:spook:
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Yeah, I remember a few years back when I became a serious computer user and upgraded to DSL from dialup. Back then I would pick and choose the updates, mostly just doing the security ones, as it would take me a day to download them. Now, I just click them all and look at them later. Last night I downloaded about 3 GB worth of trial software, that would have never happened in my old dialup days...
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

Yay! I'm no long on a distinguished road, I'll be famous soon enough! Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

I have my own WIFI at home and the starbucks i go to is in the mall connected to a bose store and right next to an apple store so i get apple's WIFI and i get to watch the huge tv in bose.

QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamindaines
I have my own WIFI at home and the starbucks i go to is in the mall connected to a bose store and right next to an apple store so i get apple's WIFI and i get to watch the huge tv in bose.

Wow, I would kill for a place to go to like that. I'd be sipping a Venti sized Frappacino, watching that TV every day!

Hey, I've never had my PB with me when I go to Starbucks. For their Wifi, does it cost anything, or is it free?
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
Hey, I've never had my PB with me when I go to Starbucks. For their Wifi, does it cost anything, or is it free?
I don't know cuz its the internet coming from the apple store. so you can also freak people out using the computers with the Bonjur messaging

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What do you wish Apple would make the most? | Computers You Own »