New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Community Polls Community polls where we gather fun facts.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

What do you wish Apple would make the most?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Which product do wish Apple would make?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

A device sort of like a taser that will temporarily stun any Mac-bashers and Microsoft/Linux zealots within a ten foot range...
QUOTE Thanks
zakm52

I would really like to see an Apple PDA. It would have some cool name like imate and be the perfect companion for your mac.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Handy little gadget that would print money, iron my shirts, fetch me beers out the fridge and wash the pots + be really cheep to buy. Not too much to ask I feel !!

It should also have a cool name like ieverything or igadget and a cool design. :dummy: :dive: :headphone :p
QUOTE Thanks
Jefe3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbanana314
A device sort of like a taser that will temporarily stun any Mac-bashers and Microsoft/Linux zealots within a ten foot range...
I like it. There is a quick way to make that; it requires your laptop, a taser, and some duct tape....
hahaha.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

I think a smart phone would be top. Besides the fact that I have both a PDA and mobile phone and loathe carrying them both around, I have a Sony PDA and can't sync it to my Mac w/o purchsing The Missing Sync.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

A phone and an ipod would be nice. It would also have access to the iTunes music store through the cell phone.
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

DVR, though my reasoning is a little warped.

PDA I would like to see Apple make a PDA but it is an area where even experienced makers in the market are struggling right now. Maybe Apple will hit upon some usability combination that others have missed but at least in the U.S. PDAs are passe. Japan would be a good target market for this but traditionally Apple has always started with a U.S. based market.

iPhone Convergence devices do not particularly interest me. Eventually it might work but a PDA needs a bigger screen than is feasible on a phone.

Tablet I can see this for the Powerbook in 2 or 3 generations but I am not interested personally. I am very keyboard centric and the Tablet PC is anathema to the way I work.

DVR Apple has experience in the media market. They have the engineers and software developers who know how to make something like this work. It is sympathetic with Apples other stated goals and focus (unlike any of the other devices above). And finally it increases the visibility of the Apple brand into another market segment, namely the home entertainment center. It works on all levels to make Apple a stronger company and extend their reach.

Once they have a DVR though, I would like a PDA.
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Seriously, I wish Apple would start making new Newton handhelds (Newton 2.0?) but I know that will never happen.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Well, before they make any of that stuff, I want them to built a gosh darn Apple Store in my city. Anyways, I'm sure, if Apple made any of the those things listed above, they would do a nice job of it. The PDA would be in second place after the store in my city.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Haha iWhat, I know how you feel. We got one here about a year ago, but I remember the feeling I had when it seemed like everyone was getting one but us

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

Though a PDA would be very nice (and my second choice) I voted for a Tablet. I voted this way because it would effectively kill two birds with on stone for me; it would prvide a portable computer of decent processin power, as well as a nice interface for quickly taking notes in class and the like.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
-DrVuu-

I picked iPhone because my cell isn't living up to my expectations.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

ide like an iphone, but i wouldnt mind a console ... they were developin one a while back..
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

As was stated before, Apple did make a PDA 10 years ago. The Newton was just way ahead of its time. Nobody wanted one 10 years ago and they were pretty expensive, so Apple dropped from the market. Actually, Apple has been first in a lot of things that we take for granted today.
Apple had the first consumer digital camera, too. Again, competitors made better, less expensive ones and Apple discontinued production.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Do you have a Blog? | To WiFi or not to WiFi »