New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Archival Forum All the old stuff

Book for photoshop elements 4.0

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

urgyen7

urgyen7 is on a distinguished road

hi Guys

i bought my photoshop elements 4.0 few weeks back but unfortunately i still cannot use it properly because i haven't found any book which is for mac. Most of the books out there is windows version.So pl! guys i would really be very happy if anyone of u could suggest me a book specially for Photoshop elements 4.0 for mac
QUOTE Thanks
EORI

EORI has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

Most PS books (Photoshop CS2/3, RAW) that I've seen have been written by Mac devotees. Until I recently switched back to the Mac, I had to be content with studying books with desktop images of the Mac and overcoming minor differences in the details when using my PC, such as with the toolbars and keyboard strokes. It wasn't a big deal because the programs are otherwise so similar.

Have you tried to use the book that you have?

Here is one that is written for both platforms.

http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Elem...3366466&sr=8-2

It's gotten 4.5 stars at Amazon, and here's the product description that describes how it was rewritten for the Mac. As I do not use Elements, nor ever purchased a book by this author, I can not opine as to the usefulness of the book:

"Photoshop Elements 4: The Missing Manual covers the Windows version of the software only. When we published the book, there was no Mac version of the software (as there is now), and for various reasons, we've been unable to update this edition to include the Mac version. Nonetheless, if you're on a Mac, you can use this book. Just substitute Command for Ctrl, and Option for Alt whenever you see keystroke shortcuts, and about 98 percent of the Editor functions will work the same. The sections on the Organizer only apply to Windows because the Mac version has no Organizer."

Moderators: I noticed that this post just got archived. I presume this was a mistake.

Happy to be back to a Mac
QUOTE Thanks
urgyen7

urgyen7 is on a distinguished road

Hi Eori

Thank you for the tip.
QUOTE Thanks
Sent

Sent is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24in&20/iPodtouch/iPhone

There should be a PDF file with it. That explains the basic and some tricks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo of the month: January 2008 | Photo of the month: February 2008 »