parbuster69
    buffer problems burning back ups
    I have an iMac G4 1 gb 256ram with super drive and I encounter buffer underrun problems when burning CD & DVD back ups zith toast. I have a nice coaster collection and am losing patience.:mad: Could someone please help.

Specs:
    2GHz C2D macbook
    do you use toast 6? if so thats the common problem with this app. burn through the finder or disc utility. I never use toast unless I have to

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I have never had a problem with Toast 6, but I do have 768 MB or RAM.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

spinhead79@msn.
    what works for me
    Quote Originally Posted by parbuster69
    I have an iMac G4 1 gb 256ram with super drive and I encounter buffer underrun problems when burning CD & DVD back ups zith toast. I have a nice coaster collection and am losing patience.:mad: Could someone please help.
    I've run in to this problem and I've found that you need to make sure toast under run protection is on...yes that no kidding...anyway.I'm using the Plextor ExTERNAL Drive 716 works pretty good and a fire wire port. And when you close the disk tray it can make the underrun protection to turn off. so its important not to check (show the record setting before burning)
    I got about 20 coaster tring to firgure this out.

sivp
    Whats with toast?
    I dont get whats soo good about Toast, cant you just drag and drop intot he finder and burn away.

I understand for dvd movies etc, you need programs. i.e. DVD studio pro 3

but why spend money on toast when you can just drag and drop.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    you have to have buffer underrun prevention turned on. buffer under run occurs when you are burning at a speed, say 52x or whatever, and you have lots of other stuff open, or just dont have much ram, and your computer isnt feeding the info to toast as fast as toast is trying to burn it, and you get a buffer under run error.

aphid47
    G5 DVD burn problems
    okay, I'm fairly new at the whole DVD copy/backup thing, but first here is my info:

1.8Ghz Power PC G5
    256MB RAM
    20inch screen
    superdrive

How I learned to do the whole DVD copy thing:

1. Mactheripper
    2. DVD2ONEX with disk imager
    3. Burn the disk image in Disk Utility

At first everything worked fine, The disks played in all the players I tried and looked great, I was using Sony DVD-R 1x-8x, Then I switched to Memorex DVD-R up to 8x, and then back to Sony. On the latest spindle of Sony disks, 80% of the pack of 50 have been ruined with the damn buffer underrun thing, so my question is what gives? Can it be the sony disks? They worked fine to start with. Is it just this spindle of disks? Or is it the damn superdrive? Someone please help, I can't be the only one experiencing this. Everyone else seems to have the problem in toast, and I'm not using other apps. when burning the DVD.

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    aphid I deleted your 3 other posts because you already posted it in this thread which is on your topic and we don't allow double posting.

Problem seems to me like you have too many programs running at once with not enough RAM
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    first, you should be using toast to burn, or a similiar app, like firestarter, in toast, you can use buffer underrun prevention, you can also try burning t a slower speed, with no processor intensive apps running.

aphid47
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    aphid I deleted your 3 other posts because you already posted it in this thread which is on your topic and we don't allow double posting.

Problem seems to me like you have too many programs running at once with not enough RAM
    sorry about the double posting, I only have one app running at a time if you read my post closely, just disk utility, if I try to change the burn speed on disk utility it is greyed out and won't allow changes. Does anyone else backup DVD's using the method I use? I have no problems usually it's just in the last spindle of disks that it has started doing this

aphid47
    Quote Originally Posted by Macman
    first, you should be using toast to burn, or a similiar app, like firestarter, in toast, you can use buffer underrun prevention, you can also try burning t a slower speed, with no processor intensive apps running.
    can I take the disk image i've made in DVD2ONEX and burn it in toast? Also, the buffer underrun is the problem, so If I use toast I can circumvent the buffer underrun protection and thereby disable it?

Thread Information