New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Archival Forum All the old stuff

capturing digital signal from satellite

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mcguigan86

How can I capture the digital signal coming from my satellite and get in on my Mac so I can burn some copies of TV shows onto DVD
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

you need to get a TV in card ...you can get them for internal or external and it will just give you an s-video or a co-ax connection that you would plug in the cable going from you satalite to tv into your computer...now if you are planning to copy these shows make sure you get written concent from them to tape their show, because if not then its copyright
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguigan86
How can I capture the digital signal coming from my satellite and get in on my Mac so I can burn some copies of TV shows onto DVD
Would the Eye TV or the Studio TVR be what you're loooking for? These function much like Tivo's on the Mac, and include tuners. If you don't need the TV tuner, you should look at video capture devices such as the Dazzle Hollywood or ADS AVLink-type devices. My advice: look for one with a FireWire interface (rather than USB).
QUOTE Thanks
beneale

I'd like my iMac to behave like a dumb TV monitor. I plan to have audio/video distributed throughout my house, with infra-red controlling the Sky digibox source. There wil be RCA connectors for video and stereo audio.

I have no need of a a TV Tuner, I simply want to be able to feed audio/video into my iMac in order to view it. Channel switching etc will be taken care using my Sky Remote and infra-red.

Would the Formac Studio DV do this?.Does it come with straightfoward viewing software, so that input can be viewed fullscreen in realtime?

Thanks

Ben
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick Question | Convert VCD to Mpeg »