New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Archival Forum All the old stuff

screen spanning ta a BIG monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

i have a iMac G5 (the newest model) and i want ta use a big monitor with it. ive been looking at this http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/P...=us&l=en&cs=19 its the bigest monitor i could find that has a higher resolution than 1280*768 (its 1920*1200) i am willing ta get a LCD TV. i want a 30" but thay all seem ta be 1280*768 and i am afraid that my curser would be 2"s tall. i think the highest resolution i can use is 2048*1530.

my Qs are
1 is that 24" monitor Compatible
2 if i use a 30" or bigger monitor with 1280*768 resalution will my curser and text be huge compared ta my imac
3 any suggestions on what monitor ta get (either the one i posted or a better one)
please help any comments or opinions are encouraged

:blind: :bone: :robot: :cool: :baron: :eek: :flower: :dive: :bushman:
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

Only thing I can say is awesome monitor Wow!

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
Acill

Acill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNAP
Only thing I can say is awesome monitor Wow!

One thing I know is you CAN NOT screen span with the iMac unless you run a hack to do it. All it will do is mirror the display you have on the built in monitor. I would recomend the Dell 24" wide monitor. Its real nice and a great value. I have two myself.
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

i do have the hack (see Mac Specs under my avatar) i think i will be getting the 24" Dell. i really really really wanted a 30" but i just couldnt find the rite resolution. thanks for the help. im still going ta keep my eyes open for a 30" or bigger so if you see one let me know.

also is 2048*1530 the highest resolution i can get with the hack? im realy not sure the 24" will work at its resalution of 1920*1200. thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill
. I would recomend the Dell 24" wide monitor. Its real nice and a great value. I have two myself.
how much did u pay for yours? 899.25+tax (944.21) for me. did you have any problems with them?
QUOTE Thanks
Stephen G

Stephen G is on a distinguished road

A bit off-topic but I saw you have the WestingHouse 17" Widescreen LCD...

How do you like it?

I want a wide screen and can't find any other models under 20", and I don't have the money for a 20" right now.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen G
A bit off-topic but I saw you have the WestingHouse 17" Widescreen LCD...

How do you like it?

I want a wide screen and can't find any other models under 20", and I don't have the money for a 20" right now.

thanks
when you posted my mac specs didnt show i had the 17" monitor. how did you know i had it? it was ok but the resolution is 1280*768. so when i screen spanned from my imac images would be bigger on the smaller screen. if money is a factor i would get it (dont forget you will have ta get your own VGA or DVI cable) or if i was going ta use it with anouther moniton of the same resolution. If it were my i would try to wait and save for a 20". but the 17" is a good monitor and i wouldnt tell you not ta get it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tape --> CD: How do I? | How do you burn VOB files? »