New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Archival Forum All the old stuff

Sub Woofer


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
altyson

 
Member Since: Jan 16, 2004
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 129
altyson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display

altyson is offline
I bought a Syntax 27 LCD TV monitor and using it with my computer also.
It has 20 watt speakers connected and output for a sub woofer. The Logitech speaker/sub woofer I had for the computer doesn't work because there is a proprietary cable between sub and speakers so that output from computer goes into sub the amplified and sent to the spearkers.
Is there any sub out there that it not too expensive that I can use so when TV is on there is good base and also when I play ITunes on the computer it will sound decent.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

 
coach_z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 23, 2004
Location: North NJ
Posts: 3,169
coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

coach_z is offline
does your speaker/sub system from logitech have one plug that you run from your computer or 3....if there are three you should be able to ghetto-rig your tv to run into your sub and at the same time use your computer with the sub.....extremely difficult to describe here but just let me know what exactly you have to work with and i may be able to help you set something up with only spending a few bucks

sorry for the confusing post

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
zakatov
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Any powered subwoofer should work. The output is just RCA out, right?

In the pic, does the plug on the TV look like the ones on the left (input), or like the ones on the right (output)

If it's like the one on the left, then Google for a "powered subwoofer", and find one within your price range. Use an RCA cable to connect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 828-back.jpg (20.9 KB, 11 views)
QUOTE Thanks
altyson

 
Member Since: Jan 16, 2004
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 129
altyson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display

altyson is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakatov
Any powered subwoofer should work. The output is just RCA out, right?

In the pic, does the plug on the TV look like the ones on the left (input), or like the ones on the right (output)

If it's like the one on the left, then Google for a "powered subwoofer", and find one within your price range. Use an RCA cable to connect.
No it doesn't. The sub has a stereo input mini plug( from computer) and a "s type " cable with 9 pins that goes to the speaker.
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

 
mraya's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 27, 2005
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 942
mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

mraya is offline
After checking what i found about your TV all i can say is i wish i can have one too...
In my opinion is not a good idea to connect just a external sub-woofer, it will have more power than your other speakers and you will have to check the volume from time to time. I recommend you to get another set of speakers and plug it to the earphone output of your TV, you can get a pretty decent set 2.1 for less than $100 (including Logitech speakers w/ THX certification), also i believe you were using those Logitech speakers w/ your computer before, so why dont you just keep them plugged to the computer?
QUOTE Thanks
altyson

 
Member Since: Jan 16, 2004
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 129
altyson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display

altyson is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraya
After checking what i found about your TV all i can say is i wish i can have one too...
In my opinion is not a good idea to connect just a external sub-woofer, it will have more power than your other speakers and you will have to check the volume from time to time. I recommend you to get another set of speakers and plug it to the earphone output of your TV, you can get a pretty decent set 2.1 for less than $100 (including Logitech speakers w/ THX certification), also i believe you were using those Logitech speakers w/ your computer before, so why dont you just keep them plugged to the computer?
The speakers for the TV are attached, although I can detach them. I was trying to keep the desk clean as possible as this is in the kitchen. I guess I would take the R/L audio out with RCA jacks convert to a mini stereo and feed the sub that way.
QUOTE Thanks
zakatov
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakatov
In the pic, does the plug on the TV look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by altyson
No it doesn't. The sub has a stereo input mini plug( from computer) and a "s type " cable with 9 pins that goes to the speaker.
read, comprehend, post
QUOTE Thanks
stillimation

 
stillimation's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 25, 2004
Posts: 182
stillimation is on a distinguished road

stillimation is offline
i am not sure if you can get one for apple but on my PC my sound card can support more than one thing, so i have my computer stuff and every thing else like my TV playing through the the same speakers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« NTSC & PAL | Best quality/price webcam.. any suggestions? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?