New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Archival Forum All the old stuff

Everything looks better on a Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

Is it just me or does anyone come across this? I work on a WIN2K Pro machine at work and I also have a WinXP box here too and they both hurt my eyes after only a few hours. When i get home, it seems i can be on my mac for hours on end without straining or hurting my eyes at all. the lighting is actually better here at work than it is at home, and yet the Mac is still better.

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

i agree

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

I agree also, I can't stand using m pcs anymore because of the eye strain. I'd rather use my mac any day. And it's not because the res is to high either. I used to think my display was great, till I got my mac, then that all changed

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I agree it just seems to flow so perfectly. The horizontal lines in aqua and brushed steal, both help your eyes. where as vertical lines would make your eye site try to close and center its points (causing eye strain)... though, I don't think Windows has vertical lines.. and i don't think apples eye pleasing qualities has anything to do with horizontal lines.
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

Completely agree with all of you. I'm on WinXP at work and OS X at home. It's so nice and comforting to go home and look at everything on OS X. MS Word looks horrible on my PC, yet when I launch it on my Mac it looks very nice. Fonts look much nicer in OS X too. Even though I'm using XP - the folders still look the same way they did back in 98 or 95. You'd think they would update stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

They did, all the icons look like candy now!

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
chaotic light

I really can't stand the new cartoony look of windows XP, despite the fact that I end up using windows machines more often. However, I wish OS X looked more like the new netscape. The new Netscape is sleek...high tech looking...beautiful. Dont get me wrong, OS X is nice. But being a sci-fi geek it looks more like a piece of designer art then it does a futuristic computer interface.

And when are we gonna have a 3d OS?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

But then we'll have artists saying, OS X is nice, but being an artist it looks like a sci-fi geeks paradise and I wish it looked more artsy. You can't please everyone I am afraid, but that's why there are programs like shapeshifter so that you can please yourself
QUOTE Thanks
chaotic light

Shape shifter? Do enlighten me...
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

This page can do better than I

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13335
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

theres also a thread about it here

QUOTE Thanks
Fahrvergnugen

I found once I moved to an LCD monitor eyestrain decreased significantly (Win or Mac)...
QUOTE Thanks
JohnXE

Sounds like you also might use a CRT at work and a flat panel at home. I use a flatpanel for both Mac and PC and neither bother me at all, but when I use a CRT it pisses me off to no end.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

I guess I have good eyes cause no monitor bothers me - but everything looks better on a Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
SogniX

Guys with eyestrain,
my guess is you are all using CRTs,
Try changing the refresh rate and doing a calibration on it.
Also stay away from cheap CRTs - there's a reason why they're so cheap. :p

My problem is that I think I need glasses!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Considering a switch from PC to Mac | Error Message: Could not record because there is a problem with the source material" »