Apple TV- Can I make this work?
    I have a new MB Pro on order and it's replacing a 2009 MB Pro. I currently have Bootcamp set up on the '09 MB and use it in Windows mode to run an application. I have the MB configured under W7 to show screen 1 on the MB, then have a VGA splitter/booster that feeds 2 LCD tvs (Mirrored image of screen 2 on both). I am wanting to replace the cabling with an Apple TV. I could get a HDMI splitter but would like to lose the cables. Do I need 2 Apple TVs, one at each monitor? Or one Apple TV and run a cable from the new MB to the other?

The Republic of Neptune
    You should be able to use an HDMI splitter to have the ATV send the signals to 2 TVs, but I'm not certain on that. I've never used one, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work if they do work as expected. In any event, you wouldn't be able to mirror your display to 2 separate ATVs.

As for actually feeding your display 2 to the ATV, you'd have to do this using 3rd party software like AirParrot. Again, I haven't used this myself, but it appears to be what you need. I'd check in with the developer to be sure.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information