Apple TV and VPN
    Hello All

I am after some advice or information regarding the use of Apple TV2 jailbroken and the use of it in the UAE. I know you can pick up such stations as ITV and 4OD but currently if i view them via ipad or iphone i need to use a VPN

Will this still be the case ? Also any ideas how to load a VPN to the apple tv if i need to

Many thanks

Phil

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    You can just enter the appropriate dns servers in the network settings
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    Retina, Mid 2012
    I wouldn't use a VPN to access content from oversea sources.

Personally, I use a DNS service called UnoTelly. There are others that do the same thing.

You don't need to jailbreak anything and it is pretty straight forward how to change your DNS on your devices or even router.

Quote Originally Posted by applewithabite View Post
    I wouldn't use a VPN to access content from oversea sources.

Personally, I use a DNS service called UnoTelly. There are others that do the same thing.

You don't need to jailbreak anything and it is pretty straight forward how to change your DNS on your devices or even router.
    What do you mean DNS service, the other poster said to change the DNS. I have seen where you can enter a DNS, but I have no idea what DNS is or what number to change it to.

I run VPN, to access Netflix from Bahrain, and it works ok sometimes, but slow.

Thea big problem latley is the ATV giving me. Loading this content error, almost always, even using the apps on the ATV.

I have restarted it over and over, unplugged it, deleted and re added the netflix app, used Netflix UK, unplugged the router. Nothing works. The netflix works most of the time on the ipad or iPhone but can't load in Airply to the TV.

Help please

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Have a look at unblockus works great with AppleTV and let's you choose from a web interface which country you want to appear to be in.

They have extensive, straightforward instructions on configuring many devices.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thread Information