New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

Apple TV cuts off from Airport express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soper777

soper777 is on a distinguished road

I do powerpoint presentation in places where there is no high speed internet. To be able to stream my presentation from my iPad or Computer I use a combination of Airport express to create a WiFi zone in my room, then I use Apple TV to connect to the Flat screen or projector. When my Computer, iPad, and Apple TV are all connected to the same WiFi zone the Airport Express created then I can stream my Power Point with out any hassle with wires.

My problem is that it works fine at the beginning and then suddenly the apple TV drops the signal and all the 'floating' back ground of Apple TV starts showing on the screen.

Is there some setting that will stop that from happening. If I move rapidly from slide to slide it keep connected OK, but if I stop for a couple of minutes I loose connection.

Anyone got any ideas about what is happening and how to solve it.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Sounds like it's going to sleep.

Settings - General - Sleep After - Never

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
soper777

soper777 is on a distinguished road

Thanks

Good solution.

Soper777
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple TV connection problem | Old TV »