AirPlay Troubleshooting

AirPlay Troubleshooting
    Greetings Everyone,

I bought an Apple TV with the sole purpose of using it to AirPlay FIFA 12 on my tv. I was a little surprised to find that FIFA 12 is the only one of my AirPlay-optimized apps that does not work! All of the other AirPlay enabled apps (MC3, Real Racing, etc) work perfectly.

When I load FIFA, however, the game image shows up on the TV for a split second, then the screen turns black. The game controls show up on my Ipad, replacing the normal display (so my iPad appears to think the game image is being broadcast on the TV).

I'm not sure why this is happening - I dont think its a connection issue as all of my other apps seem to work just fine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Niles

AirPlay Troubleshooting

Specs:
    iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,12GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yose 10.10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesc View Post
    Greetings Everyone,

I bought an Apple TV with the sole purpose of using it to AirPlay FIFA 12 on my tv. I was a little surprised to find that FIFA 12 is the only one of my AirPlay-optimized apps that does not work! All of the other AirPlay enabled apps (MC3, Real Racing, etc) work perfectly.

When I load FIFA, however, the game image shows up on the TV for a split second, then the screen turns black. The game controls show up on my Ipad, replacing the normal display (so my iPad appears to think the game image is being broadcast on the TV).

I'm not sure why this is happening - I dont think its a connection issue as all of my other apps seem to work just fine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Niles
    Hello there and welcome.

Unfortunately you didn't post your specs but it would help to know what equipment you have and how your equipment is connected.

For example it could be that you have a 'handshake' issue over HDMI with your TV (if you are connected that way) or that Fifa 12 requires a specific screen resolution.

In any case in ATV>Settings>Audio & Video can you check what the HDMI and TV Resolution options are set to? They should both be set to 'Auto' by default but you could try choosing a different screen resolution in there.

Thread Information