Question Apple TV Purchases to Computer
    Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to download purchases I've made on my Apple TV (movies and TV shows) to my computer. From what I can find, it seems like iCloud is a helpful answer to this issue, but do I have to buy an iCloud subscription just to download my Apple TV purchases onto my computer - or is there another way?

Thanks!!

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    You get them via iTunes.

Go to "Purchases" in iTunes. In the bottom left of the window there will be the words "Download Previous Purchases". Follow that and download your purchased content. You can set it up to auto download any content bought on any device to all other devices automatically as well.

Specs:
    25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jguillemaud View Post
    Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to download purchases I've made on my Apple TV (movies and TV shows) to my computer. From what I can find, it seems like iCloud is a helpful answer to this issue, but do I have to buy an iCloud subscription just to download my Apple TV purchases onto my computer - or is there another way?

Thanks!!
    Access Purchased shows on all your devicesiCloud is not necessary, but this only works on purchases.

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if itís a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
    If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.
    iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)
     24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
     2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
     iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
     iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5

Quote Originally Posted by class77 View Post
    Access Purchased shows on all your devicesiCloud is not necessary, but this only works on purchases.

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if itís a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
    If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.
    iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)
    class77, many thanks for the good advice

Thanks Baggss and Class77!! Worked great.

Do either of you know if I can watch the movies/shows I've purchased on my laptop through appleTV without downloading them (i.e. stream them direct from the net like my appleTV does?)

Thanks!!

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I've never tried to do so, so I am not really sure. I don't believes so though.

Hi,

Thanks!!
    I am planning to buy Google TV, from where I can buy? How much It would cost me in LA along with installation? Can you share some details if you have? Thanks.

Specs:
    25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
    Thanks Baggss and Class77!! Worked great.

Do either of you know if I can watch the movies/shows I've purchased on my laptop through appleTV without downloading them (i.e. stream them direct from the net like my appleTV does?)

Thanks!!
    Nope, sorry. You've got to download them to your computer first and then stream them from the computer to the ATV.
     24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
     2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
     iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
     iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5

Thread Information