Can someone send me some Apple TV 2 Files?
    I have corrupted some files of my Apple TV 2. Can someone upload these files and send me the download link:
    \Applications\AppleTV.app\Rosie_cert.der
    \Applications\AppleTV.app\ca.pem

Quote Originally Posted by AAPL View Post
    I have corrupted some files of my Apple TV 2. Can someone upload these files and send me the download link:
    \Applications\AppleTV.app\Rosie_cert.der
    \Applications\AppleTV.app\ca.pem
    I would restore the ATV2 through iTunes by plugging it straight into your Mac.

That would take a lot of time. If you can upload those files, I would be very grateful.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    You've sent me PMs requesting the files above and I've given you a reply much the same as Pendlewitch did.

I then suggested that if you couldn't use your time to restore your firmware that I was reluctant to use my time to upload those files.

You then say you've already extracted firmware files, something your hadn't mentioned so far.

You then send me a link to instructions on how to do copy the files from my AppleTV, I can assure you my reluctance is not due to a lack of knowledge.

I stand by my post to you. You should have a custom firmware created from the jailbreak process. If you do not, or if it is corrupt as you say, though quite why you would extract it is unclear, there are many jailbreak sites that have the file for download.

Doing a full restore will give you a far more robust solution. There's no saying its those two files giving you your, as yet, undisclosed, issue with your ATV2
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

....and to add to mrplow's fine riposte, yes I also got a PM from you and if I can I ask a you question...why are you cobbling around randomly begging files for a superb piece of $99 hardware that you insulted by adulterating it's innards just because you could?

Thread Information