New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

Issue with AppleTV iOS 5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but ever side yesterdays update my shows are no longer in alphabetical order. This has bee bothering me to no end.

shameless plug for my blog
QUOTE Thanks
Goofy23

Goofy23 is on a distinguished road

Same problem here. It looks like the order is now by date the show was added to your iTunes. Now you have the show that you have the longest in your iTunes and did not watch yet at the top. I do not like it. I prefer the previous sort order, just by show. I hope it's a error and they adjust it soon.
QUOTE Thanks
Darker Times

Darker Times is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro i5 - 24" iMac c2d - Mac Mini c2d - iPad 2 - iPhone 4 - tv 3

If you go into iTunes Store on the Apple tv, the fourth menu option is "sort favourites" this can be changed from "by date" to "alphabetically".

Hope this helps.

Champagne for my real friends.......Real pain for my sham friends.
QUOTE Thanks
Goofy23

Goofy23 is on a distinguished road

No, tried that already. Had a closer look at the problem and it looks like the view By Show is the same and the view Unwatched. I think it's a bug.
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

It looks like the issue was caused by iTunes 10.6, not iOS 5.0 for AppleTV. I really hope they fix it soon...

QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Same issue here. It's very irritating. One of these day's I'll learn to decline the updates until this sort of stuff is worked out.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater will become famous soon enough

Interesting. Was starting to look at Apple Tv for family. This would be irritating.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

I suggest everyone with this issue contact Apple. It's an iTunes 10.6 issue based on everything I've read online. If enough people report the issue, it may get addressed. Since Apple calls this a "hobby", we may have to wait a looooong time for it to be addressed unless Apple believes they will lose business.

Apple - Apple TV - Feedback

The only fix I've read about that works is reverting back to iTunes 10.5.3. This works, but you won't be able to use an iPad3 or ATV3 until you upgrade to 10.6. Since I'm not buying either until this is fixed, it's no loss to me.

How to revert to 10.5.3:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17789831#17789831

10.5.3 download link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1426

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

On the one hand, I can't believe that Apple won't fix this device breaking bug. On the other hand, Home Sharing for videos on the iPad/iPhone hasn't worked properly since day one, and Apple hasn't even come close to a fix yet. It's been over a year in that case...

QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBoater View Post
Interesting. Was starting to look at Apple Tv for family. This would be irritating.
Don't let this put you off...it's super in my opinion

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with new update | atv2 no signal !! »